Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I found a thread from a forum across the pond where a member was using the raven feedhorn and tested it out against a gibertini and ended up slapping a black inverto ultra on his 1.5m dish with better results:

This is a follow on from a discussion on the old forum about the best setup for a Gibertini op-150 dish. I have been using a Andrews/Raven feedhorn to good effect but a contributor, Caz, reckoned he got a better result with the Gibertini feedhorn which is designed for the dish. I went ahead a bought the latter on e-bay and yesterday I tried it. It’s hard to quantify (-0.1/2 db on strenth) but I’d say the result were the same or slightly worse on 2F signals (C5 and C4 HD).

I changed back to the Andrews feedhorn and it was definitely slightly better for me. However, a couple of weeks ago I changed back to the Inverto Black Ultra single and got a massive 1 db increase in signal strength

I have the inverto on my 1.2m dish and just wonder if a feedhorn anad its expense is actually worth it.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have not tested the Gibertini, but I would expect similar results as the Raven from it.
    I do not regret buying the Raven piece though. I have an Invacom behind the Raven, and do not worry about testing lnbs for Ku anymore because I know there is precious little if anything at all to gain.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering if i should switch from a standard(10750) lnb to a univeral, somewhat relocated the dish so now i can get from 30w to 125w, i receive 30w but nothing else till 72w

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    I have the inverto on my 1.2m dish and just wonder if a feedhorn anad its expense is actually worth it.
    A very good question and you will have to pay to find the answer to it. Also, like I said earlier, an increase of 1db in SNR will not do much if anything for you except on the extreme weakest signals. You and i both haave purchased and tried many different ku lnbs. I have found what I consider to be the maximum combination for my 1.2 meter dish, and I do not plan to buy anymore test lnbs for it. If I need more signal, then I will get a much bigger dish.

Quote Originally Posted by sadass View Post
    Just wondering if i should switch from a standard(10750) lnb to a univeral, somewhat relocated the dish so now i can get from 30w to 125w, i receive 30w but nothing else till 72w
    Depends on what you are wanting to do. There is not much use for the universal lnb above 61 West unless you can receive 78 West. I have seen universal transponders at 116.8 west before, but that did not last long. I am located close to the East Coast of the U.S. so I can get some of the Atlantic satellites. IMO, it is better to have an universal type lnb and not need it than to miss something. You can run an universal with a 10600 l.o. setting if you turn 22KHz On. using the 10600 and 22KHz On setting will give you very similar results in scan speed as compared to a standard lnb with a 10750 l.o. setting.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sadass View Post
    West of 30w there are only 3 open channels that require a universal lnb(2 at 45w and 1 at 50w) and of course on Simon Bolivar at 78w. I always like to make sure to be able to scan everything possible in, whether I watch it or not.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bit the bullet and ordered the Gibertini feedhorn which will be used with my invacom twf-031 lnbf, I will be using the black inverto on my new 90cm dish install that will be attached to my 10' bud pole:

This is the Gibertini C120 Feed horn for offset focus dishes

Made by Gibertini but will fit all dishes C120 LNB's give better resistance to cross polarity interference and therefore can perform better than a standard LNB

- FAQ -

The Gibertini dishes f/D is 0.67 - but if the f/D ratio of your Prime focus or offset dish is between 0.6 and 0.7 then this feedhorn is the right shape to give optimum performance

Using this Feedhorn with your Gibertini OP125 or OP150 you will get optimum performance from all components the LNB and the dish surface and this combination will give you better performancce than virtually any alternative

In addition when you buy and use Gibertini Dishes you are buying durability - because Gibertini dishes are precision made from materials which do not alter in any measurable way over a 10 year period

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    On 34w there are couple interesting Europian news chns oh the universal side ..

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chifut View Post
    On 34w there are couple interesting Europian news chns oh the universal side ..
    We are both located in Cornwall so 34w is completely out of our range on ku.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234