1. Collapse Details
    New receiver from X2sat?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Anybody heard anything on a new box from X2? I thought I remembered reading about another one due out in April. Or May. There is one mentioned on their website, are they not being made for USA market, maybe?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosat View Post
    Anybody heard anything on a new box from X2? I thought I remembered reading about another one due out in April. Or May. There is one mentioned on their website, are they not being made for USA market, maybe?
    There is a new box coming soon..I'm not sure what happened to the one on their website but it won't be that.

They sent me an email a few day's ago saying the new box will be delayed for about three more weeks. I'll post once I hear for sure just when they will be available.

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just read that the new A3 from refrigerator which supposedly do 4:2:2 is also due in 3 weeks!! Hope we get a very nice surprise from X2!!!! Huhhh strange!!!
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the info, will be looking for the new one to land!

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlospr43 View Post
    Just read that the new A3 from refrigerator which supposedly do 4:2:2 is also due in 3 weeks!! Hope we get a very nice surprise from X2!!!! Huhhh strange!!!
    4:2:2? Highly unlikely unless you are streaming. The claim of 4:2:2 has been repeated by numerous salesmen every time a new receiver is released.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I don't think it will support 4:2:2.. I did mention to them that there is interest in an stb that can do this and they might want to look into producing a box capable of 4:2:2..but I never heard anything back from them on this to date.

click click b00m

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The main problem with 4:2:2 seems to be finding a chip that supports the 4:2:2 codec. This particular video format is not very common and is not used a great deal. So finding a chip that supports it could be difficult.

Sadoun said that 4:2:2 might be added to the Openbox receivers.

Jeff S said that 4:2:2 might be added to the Manhattan

Seems I remember Brian Gohl saying that 4:2:2 might be added to the MicroHD, Along with 32APSK....Lol

All of the people mentioned above knew or should have known that the chips that were in their receivers could not or would not support 4:2:2 video. But that did not keep them from advertising the possibility or talking about it.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    All of the people mentioned above knew or should have known that the chips that were in their receivers could not or would not support 4:2:2 video. But that did not keep them from advertising the possibility or talking about it.
    ...Or suggesting that we record the video and play it back on a computer with VLC and that will solve the problem.

If I'm going to use a computer, how 'bout I get a receiver that runs E2 and stream it to the computer and not buy any more of your underfeatured receivers? Oh wait...already did!

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have they shipped any of the PREMUIM III yet and how much are they

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Bidwell View Post
    Have they shipped any of the PREMUIM III yet and how much are they
    Hi Gary,

They went in to production near the end of June and I have not heard when they will start shipping.
    I don't have a price yet, but they did say a while back that the Premium lll will be under the 100 dollar mark.

There always seems to be delay's for one reason or another..I'm hoping we see it soon..I'm looking forward to see what the new box can do compared to the Premium ll.

click click b00m