Thread: OpenVix Apollo

1. Collapse Details
    OpenVix Apollo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I made the jump to the Apollo image. Went smooth this time. The restore handled the HDMI 1080 60Hz just fine this time... no component cable silliness.

I do have a question though... what file(s) do I need to back up to save my timers? I saved /usr/enigma2/timers.xml but that did not work. I only have 4 timers so it is not that bad to rebuild from scratch... but there must be a better way

===
    Bill
    4 tuner Vu+ Duo2 running OpenVIX Apollo with MetrixHD skin ... AzBox Premium Plus for 4.2.2 ... Amiko Nano HD

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The .XML file for timers should be in "/etc/enigma2". Transfer the timers file from that location, open it and see if it contains the correct timer information.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm.. That is one I backed up... New image does not read it.

===
    Bill
    4 tuner Vu+ Duo2 running OpenVIX Apollo with MetrixHD skin ... AzBox Premium Plus for 4.2.2 ... Amiko Nano HD

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will try to look in a bit and see if transferring a timer file works for me. There may be a trick to it or it may not transfer like I think it does...
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wbarrett View Post
    I made the jump to the Apollo image. Went smooth this time. The restore handled the HDMI 1080 60Hz just fine this time... no component cable silliness.

I do have a question though... what file(s) do I need to back up to save my timers? I saved /usr/enigma2/timers.xml but that did not work. I only have 4 timers so it is not that bad to rebuild from scratch... but there must be a better way

===
    Bill
    Timers.xml and Autotimers.xml from the etc/enigma2 folder. but place enigma to sleep before messing with them as they are live system files and very prone to corruption.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks... I was in /usr not /etc

===
    Bill

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wbarrett View Post
    Thanks... I was in /usr not /etc

===
    Bill
    sorry my post was not more detailed, I was at the time literally running out the door to get to work,

Remember when doing any thing with system files to place enigma into sleep mode with a telnet session and the init 4 command, otherwise you run a very high risk of corrupting those files. once the modifications have been completed you can restart enigma with the init 3 telnet command.