1. Collapse Details
    Technomate 5402 M3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Hi everybody,

I got this receiver a few days ago. I like it very much. The menus look identical to the F3/5 , but technomate say this receiver has a better tuner( I don't know since I don't have a TM F3/5}.

Unlike the previous TM5402M1, M2, this new 5402M3 doesn't have a fan( which is no problem, since it doesn't run hot).

The tuner is sensitive, it locks on all channels, and the blind scan is excellent and finds very low symbol rates. I did find that the tuner on the 5302 to be a little bit more sensitive than this box( but not by much).

Picture quality on this box is nice. The recording function on this box is very smooth, I was able to record long hours with no problem. You can also record IPTV into the external hard drive.

Over all, I'm very happy with this box.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good and clean looking gui.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard that the M 2 and 3 models do not have as sensitive a tuner as the M 1 model. Looks like an excellent box though, enjoy and look forward to future posts satcrazy.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking box...reminds me of the Coolsat 4000 pro..

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

click click b00m

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vip3R, you are going to laugh when I tell you this, but that's one of the reasons why I always wanted to get this box. I used to love the coolsat, and is actually have an old Technomate SD in my closet. It's always been the best SD receiver that I have owned( it was faster then the coolsat).I've been wanting to get the 5402 for a long time, but because of the blind scan issue, I stayed away from it. When the this issue got fixed very recently, I decided to get it.

My original purchase was the 5402M2 (which has an identical menu like the coolsat ). But sadly I had the same issue with the e-bay seller that some of you had. I wasted a whole month trying to contact him, by the time I found the other seller, the 5402M2 was discontinued and replaced with this one.

Thankfully, it turned out to be a very good receiver, and I'm hopeful that they will improve the tuner sensitivity in the near future.
    Last edited by satcrazy; 05-26-2014 at 05:28 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by satcrazy View Post
    Vip3R, you are going to laugh when I tell you this, but that's one of the reasons why I always wanted to get this box. I used to love the coolsat, and is actually have an old Technomate SD in my closet. It's always been the best SD receiver that I have owned( it was faster then the coolsat).I've been wanting to get the 5402 for a long time, but because of the blind scan issue, I stayed away from it. When the this issue got fixed very recently, I decided to get it.

My original purchase was the 5402M2 (which has an identical menu like the coolsat ). But sadly I had the same issue with the e-bay seller that some of you had. I wasted a whole month trying to contact him, by the time I found the other seller, the 5402M2 was discontinued and replaced with this one.

Thankfully, it turned out to be a very good receiver, and I'm hopeful that they will improve the tuner sensitivity in the near future.
    I'm happy it worked out for you satcrazy..I still have soft spot for coolsats , at one point I had a 4000,5000 and 6000..I still have a working 5000 today that has been used for the odd dish setup. I have never owed a Technomate yet..you never know...lol

click click b00m

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    How much do these go for?
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It costs me $284.91 total(169.45 British pounds).
    Last edited by satcrazy; 05-27-2014 at 02:22 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    How much do these go for?
    I paid 99 British Pounds with shipping included for my 5302.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny, this receiver turned out to be my favourite of all that I have tested. I find its tuner as sensitive as the 5302 and its blind scan blows the 5302 away. Looking into the F3/5 but haven't pulled the trigger yet.