Thread: Rudream

1. Collapse Details
    Rudream
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Found this image from Rudream team from Russia. In their initial release it is more media oriented than as a sat scanner since it does not have that capability. As a matter of fact, it does not even have a pre-installed sat xml file. But after loading a file, it recognized all the sat tuners and it played the channels without problems. I think they are trying to emulate an X box type of format.

It does have some more wizards than other images. Upon boot it will do the normal setup routines plus it will ask to initialize your hard drive or usb stick to setup a swap file. It also wants to scan your network for other receivers and drives in order to add them all to the Home Media program. I passed on the hard drive and usb initialization but opted for a swap file on the usb stick. At first I thought I had wiped out the usb stick, but to my relief everything was fine on the usb multi-boot stick after a reboot.

It also tried scanning my DTV receiver, but I ended the scan because it was taking too long.

If this team can incorporate the sat functions in future releases, I think they will have a very competitive packge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5_Menu.jpg   5_Info Bar.jpg   5_Info Bar 2.jpg   5_Plugins.jpg   5_Skin.jpg  

5_Channel List.jpg   5_DTV.jpg  
    Last edited by eastof111; 10-30-2016 at 10:11 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello East
    Have you try this image yet? do you know if it has blind scan?
    Let me know.
    Chewie

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chewie, it's more of a media box type of image with many features, but no blind scan. Plus, you have to register on their website to fully utilize their image for updates and plugins. Just playing with it, it looks like a very good image for a media box setup, but if I have to choose between registering and not be able to use the image, I'll pass.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks east, I will pass also, no blind scan no good for us.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Latest from Rudream, no logs.
    Last edited by eastof111; 10-30-2016 at 10:12 PM.

6. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post