1. Collapse Details
    iSmart m100 Channel Editor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hi,
    Does anyone with an iSmart has any channel editor that works with the m100?? The one provided by iSmart doesnt work fort me. Illlike to rename some channels and save them so it wont be erase on blindscannings
    Thanks
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only editor I have from iSmart is DBtool, but I don't know if it would work with your m100.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    DBtool works. Just have to use default data base only when loading . Will not work with userdb.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was able to load the default DB into the DBtool channel editor and did a couple of changes, at the end when I tried to save it asked me if I want it to save it in chineese, I choose not and changed to english ASC. Later I tried toload the DB back to the iSmart and voila, another one more to the list, I ended with a brick stb re-booting after showing the iSmart logo. I have tried all the recovery process provided but keep getting an Open file Fail. I have trieed also several factories file including the one provided by iSmart

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like you tried what I was going to suggest...holding in the power button with factory file or firmware on usb stick in port. I don't know why it bricked the box I haven't had any problems with editor other than only being able to use the defaultdb. Uploaded and downloaded many times. You might want to try x5 or funbox firmware to maybe see if it will boot from them on usb or try every single firmware for ismart. Hopefully it will comeback to life.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    mountaineer
    At the end of editing when you are going to save , a message pop up asking to save in Chineesse or something like that??? What did you do at that point?? I have tried all iSmart, X5 files but none of them will boot. Where can I get the funbox factory?? Thanks

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it was japanese it asked for. i have changed it to english and left it the same. No effect at all that I saw.
    Funbox is here : [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I wish I could be more help...is there a serial adapter for m100? or something similar?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
    I think it was japanese it asked for. i have changed it to english and left it the same. No effect at all that I saw.
    Funbox is here : [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I wish I could be more help...is there a serial adapter for m100? or something similar?
    Thanks!
    next time you try it make a note what you have choose at that point, please. I was able to boot my X5 some time ago using the USB process but it tooked some time till I found the correct file that will boot. I will keep looking till i find one for the m100, Thanks

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being looking all over the net, had downloaded several Sunplus 1506 but none will load using the USB process in the iSmart m100. I have contacted iSmart

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is really strange for that box to do that, and on top of it to not be recoverable. Hopefully they will have a solution for you. i guess that is why having the rs232 port on the izibox is worth it. is there any way to usb-rs232 conversion or adapter or something? Sounds doubtful though. Let us know if /when it gets recovered so we can know how to do it as well. look forward to hearing it is back up and going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast