1. Collapse Details
    Avenger Pll 321s
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I slapped on a side feed on my 8' solid yesterday and Atlantic sats scanning in with good signal quality at approximately a 7 degree deviation as to where the dish is actually pointed. The avenger pll 321s is the lnbf that was installed. My only issue, this has never happened to me on a ku feed, is that all tp are scanning in with both polarities and the actual opposite polarity is stronger then what the polarity should be. Any ideas?
    An example would be the Cuban tp on Hispasat:

11884 V scans in with 53% signal quality on my x2 and the opposite H polarity for this tp scans in with 66%.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried a different receiver?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I did EB. I also tried it on my azbox ultra and got the same results. This has never happened to me on ku band before so I'm a bit baffled. Is there any way that the c band lnbf that is the main feed on this dish can affect the ku lnbf?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt the C band lnb is the problem. Remove any switches. Run one cable straight from the receiver to the lnb with nothing in between. If the problem persists, then change lnbs.

Overall, I am not a fan of a PLL lnb for the majority of fta transponders. I do not see where they benefit us much in fta. For me, a good DRO lnb is all I need. EB

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll give it a shot EB. The lnb was given to me by Lexmark and showed better signal quality then my invacom twf-031 and jsc322-2 lnbs. I think I'll first attempt to skew it on the proper polarity and attempt to max it out.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Signal quality is a measure of noise level plus the signal level received by the satellite. An increase in signal quality may or may not mean an increase in the rf signal that is being sent by the satellite transponder.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally have some free time to tinker with my side feed. I will be removing the avenger and replacing it with several lnb until max signal quality is attained and the correct polarity.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Success without even having to skew. I swapped out the avenger lnb for my new amiko L104 and signal quality is as good as it gets with a side feed and polarity is now correct:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]