Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    DR HD F15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I have been told by my mates across the pond that the Dr Hd F15 is the best dx satellite receiver with the most sensitive tuner and a spectrum analyser to boot. If its menu is anything like the D15 then it will be a pleasure to test this unit. I was informed about a Russian site that carries these receivers and contacted the owner. My new F15 ships on Tuesday and I can't wait to put it to the test:

Satellite receiver with LAN and Pro grade spectrum analyzer. STB + Spectrum analyzer + Media player + Weather station
    Description
    F15 – is one of the most popular fighter jets, still on duty today. Our receiver has got a similar name. Powerful. Fast. Big threat to competitors. Kind of smaller version of F16, with all the main functions of F16, and even some exclusive ones. Check this out, and see for yourself.

Full set of features to receive all kind of channels, including 3D and HDTV
    Extended telemetry: Weather sensor (optional) to read the outside temperature and atmospheric pressure, with weather forecast function (no Internet connection is needed, sensors are connected using the same RG-6 cable as LNBs). Temperature, barometric pressure are shown on front-panel and on the TV display.
    On-board Entertainment System (well, maybe that isn't really needed for a warplane, but our customers love it) : HD Media Player inside, supporting most popular formats and containers, including the MKV
    Black Box Recorder: HD PVR-ready using a SD/SDHC card and/or any USB-drive for scheduled TV recording, current program recording, ATS: Auto-Time-Shift; trick-mode
    Easy-to-fly: the PVR records can be played on your PC without format conversion
    RADAR: on-board SPECTRUM ANALYZER for effective DIY installation, saving money and time
    Better control: the remote control has wide beam-range - no need to aim your remote to STB, anymore; the remote control's buttons are fluorescent for greater comfort in the dark
    Rapid-fire guns: high-speed card-readers, that work with original cards in Turbo Mode: faster than regular original CAMs do
    Fly-Range Is Way Above Average: LAN port to connect to Internet to remote servers and services; fast connection
    Air Superiority: all the Linux-box features without Linux, faster and more stable.
    Ecology-friendly. First green fighter in the world? Possibly. This set-top box is energy efficient and has special 1W green-PSU. This made it possible to implement fan-less quiet design.

IT IS FUN TO USE and GOOD PICTURE ( special algorithm upscaler and special video output solutions)

Who is the buyer? Those, who enter the HD world, but the budget is tight (can not afford the F16), and as a second receiver for those who already use the F16 as the main box for sateliite and DVB-T viewing.

Short specification:

3D ready
    HDTV: excellent HDTV picture
    DVB-S and DVB-S2 compatible
    Decoding of MPEG-2, MPEG-4 SD, MPEG-4 HD, H.264 AVC
    UPSCALE function for greater picture quality and viewing comfort of SD channels (special algorithm used)
    Supports 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
    HDMI output for best digital picture quality without any conversion loss
    PrPbY (CrCbY) component signal output for best picture quality
    PVR ready: recording and Timeshift functions (using SDHC card in card-reader and/or any USB-drive). Records can be played on PC without conversion.
    Ethernet port for connection to LAN and to remote servers and services via Internet for software upgrades, etc.
    Adjustable speed of RS-232 connection
    D.I.Y. dish installation: professional grade SPECTRUM ANALYZER embedded
    FFBSTM (Fully Functional Beep-Search) function for dish installation, in cases you don't see the TV, but you hear the sound
    Blind scan of any satellite is possible in SDand HD (together with Spectrum Analyzer that makes receiver HOT in professional DX communities)
    No need to buy CAM for most original cards. Possible to use up to 3 smartcards (2 card-readers + 1CAM) if required
    Smartcard channel zapping time is much better for some of the (via) providers: see and experience for yourself
    Self-protection intelligence systems and effective armor: has on-board protection against current short-circuit over-load in antenna cable (not a common function these days)
    USB 2.0 ports (3 of them: 2 at back side, 1 at front) for PVR functions, Media Files, etc)
    Media player features: playback of movies, music and pictures from external USB drive
    S/P DIF optical digital audio output
    DiSEqC 1.0,1.1 support for connection of up to 16...64 dishes
    DiSEqC 1.2 and USALS functions for motorized dish control
    Subtitles and teletext
    Parental control

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really impressed!!
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good...

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I received a confirmation e-mail today that my F15 has been shipped from Finland, should be here next week.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Doctor is in da house folks, I'm sure it will boot up in Pal and Russian. I'll need to hook it up to my old tv to get it onto Ntsc and 1080i:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I managed to get the language from Russian to English and from Pal to Ntsc. I flashed it with the 125p file, which all dxers in Europe are using with this receiver even though there have been numerous updates. North American satellite list from 5-127w is in and good to go. I've only started but this receiver is giving me great vibes and the menu is nothing like the D15 at all. Many posts to follow.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to the spectrum analyzer post.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still scanning in all c band sats on my arc and am on the Atlantic side. I have had a look at the spectrum analyzer several times but not in great detail. What exactly do you want to know about it East? My main setup with the F15 and x2 on c band is flawless from a dx point of view and the technomate on ku completes my arc scanning ability. This is by far the best setup I have ever had, all 3 receivers compliment each other by performing excellent in their own areas. I know I have barely had the F15 but I highly recommend it for all dxers out there, my favourite thus far.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious if it actually helps with finding or peak tuning low signal transponders. In other words, is your receiver signal strength meter adequate or does the spectrum analyzer actually help? Can you see any differences that will assist you in spotting or tuning that elusive transponder? Is it a tool to have in a receiver or just an added expense?

11. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't had the need to use the spectrum analyser yet East. The F15 will lock a tp with only 3.0 db and that level is indicated as it scans and also when watching and pushing the info button. The spectrum analyser helps if your nudging the dish for better signal but just the db level indicator is more then adequate. I have finished my c band arc and really like this box. The only issue is that it will only find tp from 2,000-45,000 symbol rate in a scan. If you enter a tp manually with a symbol rate lower then 2,000 it will scan it in.

The F15 blind scan is slower then the D15 and x2 but I have yet to see it miss a tp with the exception of the lower sr ones. Tuner sensitivity even tops my technomate 5302 and x2. If there is just a slight hint of a tp, this box will scan it in.

13. Likes rrob311 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast