Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

here is my sat and channel list. You will have to change some of it I have stacked lnbs. Some frequencies may be off because of that. You can set the Lo to anything you want, some of mine are 13850. just type in what you want as the low and the same or different as the high. great feature.
    Also most of my ku are on usals. will have to change that if need be. None of my cband have 1.2 settings.

Let me know how you like it. like I said the izzi software is a must.

change .txt to .bin

NA sat and channel list ... you can always replace it.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I played around with the factory firmware and it resets when trying to drive the motor. I switched it to the izibox firmware and the motor control works OK. Updated to the latest firmware and the IPTV function now works with 219 channels in the menu.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah that original firmware is junk. I think it is the worst I've ever seen. izibox firmware is 1000 times better. WHat is your general impression of the box?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The things I like:
    1. It blind scans fast ...maybe not x2 fast but faster than 95% of the receivers out there.
    2. It plays AAC of all types. i like BYU on G28ku and G19 and it plays the aac fine.
    3. Nice channel and sat manger built in.
    4. Good network goodies.
    5. Moves dish fine.
    6. operates switches fine.
    7. Records good and doesn't turn off or shutdown.
    8. Supposidly has samba feature that you can play and record to network devices. Haven't got that going yet.
    9. Seems rugged built.
    10. The price. in my mind it is better than many that are double to triple its price.

Negatives.
    1. No real PC channel editor.
    2. Tries to move dishes etc when going through sat list.
    3. No "real" support. Although izi seems to be supporting their box.
    4. Goes to full channel list after scanning.
    5. have to learn that "slow" button is sat button.
    6. Remote is pretty cheap.
    7. No ability to scan only one polarity.
    8. No pid scan.

All in all for a receiver to just scan or watch with I'm very pleased with it...could do a lot worse. If samba can get working....then it will be a huge difference maker. Are there better receivers....sure...they cost a lot more too. I think I may get a couple of more. Once it gets out that it is a decent box and demand goes up they will raise their prices like X2 did..and I don't blame them. M100 went up as well. Shipping was actually very fast..one week.
    I'm interested in what rrob has to say...his opinion holds a lot of weight with me
    edit....and his opinion may be totally different.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't had much time to test the multimedia functions but as far as the satellite portion of the box it is on par with the openbox x5 or the m100 imo. This is probably due to the processor. Some of the menus bear strong resemblance to the x5 or m100. I don't know if the tuners are the same. From what I can tell so far the motor operation is OK with the izi firmware.

I noticed that the box is pretty heavy for its size. I just had it on for about an hour on a channel with color bars and the top was pretty warm. It is definitely worth what I paid. If the hardware holds up its a bargain but it would be frustrating if you had not done the footwork mountaineer and found the better firmware. I thought the hardware was no good when it kept rebooting but somehow the izi firmware cured it. Acebox customer service replied right away and said they would contact the manufacturer about the resetting. Still waiting on an answer. Overall a nice variant to the openbox x5 or ismart m100. It would be fun to find some other firmwares that work with it.

I still need to test the transponder spacing because the openbox x5 won't save narrowly spaced transponders after a scan. This causes one to lose many channels on a blind scan.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a hidden menu somewhere? I can't find Samba. In the Network menu I have youtube, weather, google maps and Daily Motion.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, no hidden menu. They mention on one of the sites that if you put a folder on your usb labeled samba, that the latest firmwares will use the usb/folder for the extra memory to use samba. The newer + or super or whatever it is has the 8mb extra memory built in. Supposedly you can go to media and movie player...usb showing in menu and press the dev button and your network will appear. Haven't got it to work. very little info on it, there may be a file you have to put in the folder...but I can't find enough info on it. The sites get very little traffic...and useful info is hard to find.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen the Samba feature on other receivers but haven't used it. I just noticed this receiver has the same issue as the openbox x5 series where it will scan in transponders that are spaced 6mhz apart and then not save them afterwards. So if you have a channel at 12070H 4232 and 12076H 4232 it will only save one of them. It would be nice if it got fixed.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The seller emailed me back about the box shutting off and they state that the machine can only put out 350ma when moving the motor. They suggested that some motors take more to power. They also offered some advice on how to increase power by taking apart the box or running a relay.

The izibox firmware cured the problem so I am not sure if there was a bug of some sort or if it is a safety feature from acebox. Either way I will test the draw with my amp clamp as soon as time permits and report my findings.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a new firmware out by izibox 6/27/14 I think. I tried it and there were some serious bugs. I'd let it go. If you choose to install it...make a back up of database (sats/ch) because it erases them. This fw seems to have a slower BS and whn calling up sat list to tune channels it messes up. Disappointed with it but it may just be me. Hopefully next one will not have those bugs. Glad izzi is still supporting the box.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast