Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Terrestrial TV in the USA ??.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    ok guys i'm sorry to say i know little to nothing about American TV, but if you do have terrestrial TV access ( via a TV Ariel not cable or a satellite dish ), then here is your chance to get involved and help in the development of ABM as part of ViX and the OE-Alliance.

It will only take you 5 to 10 minutes of your time.

Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37322-UK-Terrestrial-Providers&p=283834#post283834
    I know the title says UK terrestrial but any help you can give for your local area will help andy give ABM access to you'r area too.

we have a similar project in motion for cable providers now too, i'll post more details about that as and when possible.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link to the thread.

North America and a few other countries use the ATSC format fior terrestrial television.
    VU+ does not offer us any support for ATSC devices.
    It is not hard to find references to ATSC in the Python code, and the BlackHole group actually produced a couple of images that partially supported ATSC USB devices. These images would allow the ATSC USB tuner to scan and find tv channels, but they could not be viewed. BlackHole has not done any more development with ATSC since the end of 2013, and I consider the project to be dead.

Bottom line for us is: If there is no USB ATSC support, what good does it do for us to provide information for it? I see it as nothing more than a waste of time.
    I would be glad to help OpenVix or any other group develop USB ATSC support for the VU+ Duo2, but I am not optimistic about that happening.

A few minutes looking at the information in these two links will give you some understanding of ATSC. IMO, using the ATSC format is about as stupid as using to the English forms of measurement. EB

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would take someone with considerable influence with the Vu+ inner circle to convince them to release the necessary drivers. If at this point, that is all that is really needed to allow the coders to continue development.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the demand is high enough they will listen, it has happened before, the concern is that Vu+ may not consider North America as a viable market place. The did briefly enter the North American market a few years ago with the Vu+ Duo albeit under a different name, but they quickly pulled out for what ever reason.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that's the quickest pull out I've ever seen. If they did test the market, it must have been incognito.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cant for the life of me remember the name it was sold under but for some reason it has been wiped from the face of the earth, if i do find it again i'll post up.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok here we go.

It was sold under the name of Sonysat Vu-Duo HD back in 2010 by these guys
    Code:
    http://www.shop4fta.com/sku/160/sonysat-vu-duo-hd-fta-satellite-receiver.html

There are a few forum posts about it here and there but then it just magically vanished and pretty much all traces of it went too, never could figure out why though.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably due to lack of support.

It is very discouraging when you email a company about legitimate receiver problems and they do not even have the decency to answer or even to acknowledge the receipt of your message. The VU+ Duo2 receivers work very well, but things like AAC audio and Record in normal Radio mode should work. Neither of these worked last time I checked.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Probably due to lack of support.

It is very discouraging when you email a company about legitimate receiver problems and they do not even have the decency to answer or even to acknowledge the receipt of your message. The VU+ Duo2 receivers work very well, but things like AAC audio and Record in normal Radio mode should work. Neither of these worked last time I checked.
    Even worse when you report a bug to them via their own private bug tracker and they either dont fix it or worse still dont even acknowledge it in the first place, Dont get me wrong Vu+ boxes are by far the most popular in Europe for a good reason but sometimes the support back from Vu+ them selves is discouraging to say the least.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That SonySat looks like the clone being sold by the Chinese now.

When emailing to Fortis regarding the Duo², had the same experience as with the Raptor.... deaf ears. Good thing they're both good receivers to begin with or they would be dead in the water in regards to their email support and their reputation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast