Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    OpenVix Helios
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I am extremely happy that OpenVix Helios works in multiboot.... less flashing stress on the receiver when testing. Very easy to restore settings from Zeus. A thumbs up to OpenVix. Will continue to play with it tonight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the heads up Eastof111. I made the upgrade to Helios from Zeus r23 and it took only 10 minutes including time to reset up my wireless log in, reloading Metrix and all settings, and rebuilding the two timers I use for Saturday Night Live and Motorweek.

So far so good. Only thing I note is the delay in getting the recordings to display that showed up in Zeus is still there in Helios. In the OpenVix r808 I did not see this 15 second delay when getting the listing in MetrixHD of /media/HDD/movie/

===
    Bill
    4 tuner Vu+ Duo2 running OpenVIX Apollo with MetrixHD skin ... AzBox Premium Plus for 4.2.2 ... Amiko Nano HD

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill, next time, if you want to save yourself the hassle of resetting, just make a backup of your settings prior to installing a new build. When you install a new build, it will ask you if you want to restore your settings and/or plugins. Reboot and you'll be up and running with settings intact. Saves time and possible errors.

I also found that PLiHD skin will retain the picon of the last watched sat channel in the infobar when switched to a streaming channel. It did this with Zeus also. I assume this is a skin problem, but this does not occur when used with other images.
    Last edited by eastof111; 04-20-2014 at 11:57 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    While the PLiHD skin was based on rob's magic hd skin pli have made enough changes so that it's no longer fully compatible, compounded with the fact that vix is no longer directly based on pli, so as time goes on things like this will become more common, as the images diverge further.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did make a backup actually and did restore it. Just seems Timers and my network name and password are not included in the backups... or I am doing something wrong there. At least having a backup to restore saves me the pain of my plasma HDMI not working with the raw image unless I hook up component cables and pat my head while rubbing my belly and chanting voodoo curses to get it to work on HDMI for me.

I have gotten to really like the MetrixHD skin... have not seen any issues except the delay in seeing the recorded shows list the first time I look.

===
    Bill
    4 tuner Vu+ Duo2 running OpenVIX Apollo with MetrixHD skin ... AzBox Premium Plus for 4.2.2 ... Amiko Nano HD

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "unless I hook up component cables and pat my head while rubbing my belly and chanting voodoo curses to get it to work on HDMI for me"

I know what you mean, voodoo is getting to be my second language. LOL

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are a couple of ways to make the loading of new images easier and less painful. It odes not hurt to make a back-up of the entire etc folder when you have an image running to your liking. The etc folder with its sub-folders will contain most of the settings that you would want to transfer to a fresh image. Timer information should be found in /etc/enigma2.

The settings file in /etc/enigma2 is not created until you start setting up the receiver. You may add a settings file to /etc/enigma2 when you first load an image using FileZilla. The settings will go into effect with a hard reboot.

Here is an example of what you could put in the settings file so your tv would work:
    config.av.videorate.1080p=60Hz
    config.av.videomode.HDMI=1080p
    config.misc.videowizardenabled=false

Note:
    Transferring the Settings file to /etc/enigma2 is a one-time deal. You can only do this on the first boot of an image, and you can only do it Before any setting is entered or Before you communicate with the receiver using the remote. The reason for this is the settings file does not exist in /etc/enigma2 until the receiver gets some form of input form the user.

You can communicate with the receiver using FileZilla immediately after it boots as long as the Ethernet connection on the rear of the receiver is attached to an open router.
    It is not possible to communicate with the receiver on password protected networks at first boot because the receiver does not have the network information entered into it yet. You would need to use a temporary router on password protected systems.

I would much rather spend the couple of minutes to enter the tv settings using FileZilla into a fresh image rather than try to fight for the correct screen configuration.

There is a multitude of changes that you can make to an image on the first boot using FileZilla and Telnet. It normally takes me 3-5 minutes to enter the set-up information into any new image. This includes transferring all antenna setup information for the 50 satellite positions that I normally have assigned.

Using a saved settings file is easier, but the saved settings file will not work with any image out there. FileZilla file transfers will work with any image, but you have to be careful of the information you transfer.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EB... I am very comfortable with Filezilla and will do as suggested when I do another image. The info on the TV config.av is very helpful! My plasma just can't handle the Euro defaults although I found my far cheaper and smaller LED monitor does. Digging out component cables is a PITA.

This morning I saw the blinking light showing Helios v2 was in so I downloaded via the Internet update process. Everything was updated with no issues to include picons and timers.

===
    Bill

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Receiver was blinking again with v6. Seamless and painless upgrade.

Is it common for the images to be updated several times per day like this when they are first released? When I moved to Zeus and even using the older version of VIX I don't think I ever saw the blinking update light.

===
    Bill

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OpenViX is constantly being updated and improved, 3.0 underwent over 850 build revisions in it's life cycle which was around a year, Zeus had 23 revisions in a month, how many Helios has in any ones guess but we are always working flat out to improve things. If you'r in doubt just park the image on the build your happy with and disable the online check, this way you wont get any notifications again for updates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast