Thread: BSC621-2D

1. Collapse Details
    BSC621-2D
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Finally have a nice day to slap on my new bsc621-2 lnbf on my 8'dish. I have full intentions of inserting the dilectric plate to be able to properly scan the circular satellites on the Atlantic arc. I also want to be able to scan in ku band as well but I am not quite sure what the plate insertion will do on ku.

My main focus will be on Intelsat 907 at 27.5w and this s2 tp which will not show any signal if the plate isn't inserted:

3795 R 7000
    s2/8psk
    2/3

I will be using one of x2 premium receivers with my mini tv.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't even started and I've hit a problem already. The bsc621-2d lnbf never came with a dilectric plate although it does have the grooves to accomodate one. The 2 I have do not fit as the neck of this lnbf is a bit smaller then other lnbfs. I will have to sand one of them down to be able to be inserted.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It took about 20 minutes but I managed to file it down, it fits like a glove. Time to install this puppy.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lnbf is installed but I'm not too pleased with the results yet. I've lost a bit of signal quality on my c band circular sats and ku, without the plate, is scanning in with reverse polarity. I've got lots more testing to do but it looks like rain is coming so I've packed it in for today.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    Lnbf is installed but I'm not too pleased with the results yet. I've lost a bit of signal quality on my c band circular sats and ku, without the plate, is scanning in with reverse polarity. I've got lots more testing to do but it looks like rain is coming so I've packed it in for today.
    I replaced the old norsat lnb with one of these when I had the 7.5 mesh dish and to be honest I didn't see much improvement if any at all over the old norsat.
    I never used the plate that came with mine but did insert it just because...I had a hell of a time getting it out again it was such a tight fit.

I hope you get better results using the plate once the weather get's better for you..

click click b00m