1. Collapse Details
    VFD Display skins
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    For those wanting to change their SD VFD display, there are two skins available in the plugins>display sections that can be uploaded and installed. Once installed you can change it in Menu>Setup>System>Display>Skin and it will display them.

If you want to create your own settings you can edit skin_display.xml. I haven't played with this one yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eastof111; 04-11-2014 at 01:09 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eastof111... is this for the VFD display or the LCD display? Given the color I assume it is actually the LCD display. If that is correct, have you used the SET UP : SYSTEM : FRONT PANEL DISPLAY : LCD4Linux function to change the LCD?

Here is how I changed mine so I can see what I am interested in from across the room

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The level of customization with Enigma2 is amazing.

===
    Bill
    4 tuner Vu+ Duo2 running OpenVIX Apollo with MetrixHD skin ... AzBox Premium Plus for 4.2.2 ... Amiko Nano HD

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's for the standard white on black VFD display. By doing so, you can eliminate some items from the high definition LCD display. For example, the progress bar. You can also modify the fonts and colors too plus many other items. The xml file has so many variables listed that without a road map of what they do, it will take a while to figure out.

If you find or figure out some of the variable definitions, please post.

I also created my own, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] bu using LCD4Linux.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice ideas in there. Time to play some more I see.

===
    Bill
    4 tuner Vu+ Duo2 running OpenVIX Apollo with MetrixHD skin ... AzBox Premium Plus for 4.2.2 ... Amiko Nano HD

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There were a number of custom VFD skins way back when the Vu+ Ultimo first surfaced, these may help you somewhat in finding your way around the .xml files although they are considered old now and no one seems to create them any more.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale-Rider View Post
    There were a number of custom VFD skins way back when the Vu+ Ultimo first surfaced, these may help you somewhat in finding your way around the .xml files although they are considered old now and no one seems to create them any more.
    There was also very briefly a number of picon packs created for VFD display on the Vu+ Ultimo that you may want to have a look at here.

Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?19814-Larger-Ultimo-VFD-Picons&highlight=vfd+skins

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale-Rider View Post
    There was also very briefly a number of picon packs created for VFD display on the Vu+ Ultimo that you may want to have a look at here.

Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?19814-Larger-Ultimo-VFD-Picons&highlight=vfd+skins
    More here.

Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?17310-Alternative-Ultimo-VFD-layouts-uploads-only!&highlight=vfd+skins