Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hello East
    Well after a few brain farts I got it going , I noticed the second image installed, the wifi is not working for some reason, I had this image installed before and everything work fine, is almost like the ATV 4.1 with a few minor differences but the time works just fine.
    I am going to start from scratch and reload everything and see if it does any better.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you got it going chewie.... I've seen others have a wifi, epg, sound, recording or other plugin problem when installing certain images on multiboot that are usually cured by reinstalling. Once installed and all is working, it's a good idea to back up the usb stick to fall back on. Some using the same images don't have problems at all. Weird, but those gremlins do make things difficult sometimes.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I can not run on Multiboot UNO. Maybe because of this? As for VU + DUO?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenShot001.jpg   ScreenShot002.jpg  

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry you cannot get yours to work.... looks like you may have found the answer. You might post your findings in the OpenSpa forums to let them know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails z_OpenSpa.jpg  

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your help. I'll wait for the next version of the image. Maybe something will change.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I looked in the OpenSpa forum and they didn't have too much info on the 3.1 image with multiboot for your receiver. I believe two other posters indicated they had a problem and they did not receive much help. Could have been a language problem and therefore they didn't receive any answers.

Curious.... just for the heck of it, have you tried any other images just to see if multiboot works on this receiver? Also, there's the BlackHole and its multiboot but they're having problems with it working with various images too.
    Last edited by eastof111; 06-19-2014 at 01:38 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    You're half way there chewie.... now that multiboot is installed on your usb stick, you have to ftp the image you want to install, in this example Apollo to /media/multiboot/MultiBootUpload, see pix of Apollo zip file in that directory.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Then go to menu multiboot and hit the green button (install image) and this pix should appear,

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Scroll down to "Copy settings to the new image" and change it to NO. Then press green button (install) and you will see a message of "Execution progress" plus other instructions to NOT reboot or turn off power, etc. Wait patiently for the ZIP file to be decompressed and copied to your usb stick. The install time will vary by how fast your usb stick reads and writes. If your usb stick has an led activity light, it will be easier to see that it is working.

Once the Apollo image is installed, it will reboot the receiver automatically and you will be presented with the usual setup information for your screen display, language, network, etc.

If you have a prior Apollo settings backup on your hard drive, you can restore all your settings right after you select your screen display setup. This will also take a while because the restore process has to reinstall all your plugins. For Apollo only, right after selecting your language. it will ask you if you want to perform a restore, select YES and it will display the backed up *.GZ (same as ZIP files except different compression format) files you have on your hard drive. Select the appropriate Apollo backup file and then select Yes, to restore plugins. Then let it do it's thing restoring to usb stick, which will take a few minutes. You won't be able to see any activity unless the usb stick has a led activity light.

Once restoring is complete, it will reboot automatically and display the mutliboot screen with any installed images which you may have installed on your usb stick. The Apollo image you just installed will be hi-lighted and therefore will automatically be used to boot. All your prior settings should now be intact and your Apollo image should be running correctly.

Now in Apollo menu, select plugins>multiboot and the following should display....

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Notice how it says MutliBoot is running image: openvix-apollo_003-vuduo2.usb. Again, from this display you can select any installed image you want to reboot and test without having to stress the cpu with continuous flashes. I know it is a slower boot than an actual flashed image, but you can always flash the image of your choice later on. For testing images, this is the best of both worlds. Don't forget to always keep a good backup image of your usb stick in case something ever goes south with your stick. Also, to speed things up, choose a fast read/write usb 3.0 stick that it is backwards compatible to usb 2.0 and the receiver will read/write just fine.

Good luck!
    Hello East
    Regarding the USB 3.0, even if this USB IS backwards compatible, if the connectors on the receiver are 2.0, I understand the speed is going to be the same as a USB 2.0, if the USB connectors on the box are 3.0 than the speeds are much faster than the 2.0 usb.
    Regards.
    Chewie

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    True chewie, up to a certain point..... the usb 3.0 sticks that are backwards compatible, use chips which have faster read/write speeds than their 2.0 counterparts, again that depends on the brand name.

If you still have your Raptor, test a usb 2.0 stick and then try a usb 3.0 (same size capacity) and you will see a faster speed for the usb 3.0 stick even though it is using the 2.0 port, again depending on the brand name. Usually the higher capacity, the faster read/write speed. Paying more for a brand name doesn't necessarily guarantee you a faster speed. Nor do their advertised speeds. Some cheap 3.0 sticks will make you think twice about purchasing premium priced brand names. The only factor here would be long term data reliability, but heck even the brand names fail too. Just depends on how much you value the data that you save on the usb stick. If you don't have the Raptor you can test stick speeds via Telnet.

My favorite is a 3.0 PQI 8gb with led in aluminum casing. Can't find them any more, so I had to substitute a Transcend 8 gb with led. Not as fast but it will have to do until PQI comes out with a newer version.

Here's a site that displays some random usb stick speeds [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    I looked in the OpenSpa forum and they didn't have too much info on the 3.1 image with multiboot for your receiver. I believe two other posters indicated they had a problem and they did not receive much help. Could have been a language problem and therefore they didn't receive any answers.

Curious.... just for the heck of it, have you tried any other images just to see if multiboot works on this receiver? Also, there's the BlackHole and its multiboot but they're having problems with it working with various images too.
    Meoboot on BH works without problems. But he does not work with version 4.0 image. So I wanted to run Multiboot OpenSpa.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, good to know about BH and Uno.

Most of the posters using BH multiboot don't indicate what receivers they are using to test. Here's an example....
    "hi with leatest blackhole 2.1.1 on flash I mnaged to install on meobot openspa3.1 and vti6.08 but openld1.4, open vix zeus and openatv4.1 nightly not working on meoboot the rest I did't tested.Thanks "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12