GK526s Android dvb-s2 receiver
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Just bought one of these. Should have it next month some time:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It boasts a 1.5ghz dual core processor running android. Also has 3 usb ports and a micro sd slot. Should be nice to test. I would like to potentially step into the world of Enigma2 with this one. Hopefully the tuner is satisfactory.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait for the review Rob.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    USPS just delivered the receiver. It is a little bigger than the m100 receiver. The blind scan is a stepped blind scan similar to Pansat or the Triplex. Not the fastest. I will post more info and pictures later once I am able to navigate the mandarin menus.
    Last edited by rrob311; 04-14-2014 at 03:04 PM.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to the review Rob. Has the price changed since you ordered?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was on sale for 70 when I bought it. It is now at the normal price of 80.

The diseqc 1.0 settings say, AA, AB, BA, BB instead of 1-4. I haven't found a motor menu for USALS or diseqc 1.2

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The satellite portion of this needs work. More options specifically. There is no 10750 lnb option or manual entry option. There is a 10050 and 11300. It has options for a universal lnb (9750/10600)

I scanned 99w Cband and some of the channels don't have audio. The receiver claims support for: MP1、MP2、MP3、WMA、WAV、OGG、OGA、APE、FLAC、AAC、M4A、3GPP… etc Audio formats.

The receiver has Android. It seems that my wireless keyboard should work for it. I will have to see which apps are worthwhile on this machine. It has a microsd slot. I would like to find a way to possibly run different operating systems on this.
    Last edited by rrob311; 04-14-2014 at 09:24 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyway you can change the audio from the menu on those channels?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There were no other options when I pressed the audio button for the channels that lacked audio. The blind scan missed the lower symbol rate transponders but I was able to scan them in via manual entry. The box seems to have more hardware built in for streaming online. I will have to find apps to stream some online video and see how it works.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is very common for fta receivers to advertise specs that they are not capable of or cannot achieve. For example, the Micro HD from SatAv is advertised to receive a maximum transponder symbol rate 0f 45000, but there are reports that you cannot lock a 45000 transponder with it. So it is not much of a surprise to me that you have audio problems.

Drivers are the key. You need drivers to operate the wireless keyboard and to make other features work correctly. The hardware is probably very capable, but things will not work correctly without drivers and other manufacturer support.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    All these small to medium sized Chinese companies find it more profitable to release a potentially good product, but do not hire coders necessary to develop firmware to produce the advertised specs. More emphasis is in the reverse engineering aspect of products and the substituting of mediocre parts as a cost benefit. Most of their products look good on paper, but once you get it home and plug it in, that's when reality hits. There are exceptions to some of these products, but even the exceptions have their problems which never seem to be fixed or finalized.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast