Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Barry Allen and Duo2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Last night I downloaded Barry Allen enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen_11.2_all.ipk. I chose OpenATV 4.0 at random to test the plugin.

I added noba to the /media/hdd directory so it would not wipe out the hard drive and inserted a usb stick into the port. Used Software Management to install ipk with no success. Then used putty and it proceeded with the installation process. It displayed a success.

Rebooted and checked to see if it was actually installed. It was not. Check my hard drive to see if it was intact. It was and no harm was done.

Next to check will be OpenVix Zeus and others to see if BA is compatible.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Officially multibooting is not supported by OpenViX or the most of the OE-Alliance based image teams, Thats not to say it wont work however.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You will find that we do not care if something is officially supported supported or not. If it is there, one of us will probably try and see if it works or if it can be made to work.
    Also, this site is individually owned and is not controlled a company. Put simple, we like to test things. Your Openvix point of view or any other team's opinion is also welcomed at this site. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    You will find that we do not care if something is officially supported supported or not. If it is there, one of us will probably try and see if it works or if it can be made to work.
    Also, this site is individually owned and is not controlled a company. Put simple, we like to test things. Your Openvix point of view or any other team's opinion is also welcomed at this site. EB
    I was simply saying that the OE-A images dont support multibooting applications, so you may find that they dont work natively without having to do some work your self, I have no intention or need to get into a argument on this forum.

What i write here is my own opinion, it is not that of my employer, family, ViX team or dentist for that matter, but if my opinion is not wanted i'll gladly post else where, I get enough grief on the European forums, i dont need it here too.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    All opinions are read and digested.... that's how we learn of what is working and what is not.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Your Openvix point of view or any other team's opinion is also welcomed at this site."

What part of that did you not understand??? We want to test all options at this site and welcome opinions. And Thanks for taking the time to post as it is appreciated. You can relax here. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Perhaps your post was a bit too serious, EB? I would have probably replied thusly: "Good to know. But...that won't stop us from trying... "

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    Perhaps your post was a bit too serious, EB? I would have probably replied thusly: "Good to know. But...that won't stop us from trying... "
    There are many way's about how members take our hobby/passion..and how opinions vary in many ways.

LegitFTA is here so everyone's views and opinions are met with respect!!

click click b00m

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same setup as post #1 except OpenVix Zeus 005.

Got a little further this time, it created the BA directories on the usb stick and unmounted the hard drive, with all files intact. But no Barry Allen in the plugins menu.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure about the later versions of BA, but it may be that it contains Dreambox only TPM code that prevents it from working on none DM hardware ( many DM plugins now do ), as it was originally developed for the dreambox platform.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast