Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The seventh and final menu is External Device:

Disk Manager
    File Manager
    Ftp
    Timer Manager

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    As evidenced by its menu the Dr Hd D15 is a very well equipped receiver and I have grown to like it. My only misgivings would be its tuner sensitivity and not being able to change the orbital degree positions for all satellites. The latter can be remedied with the Clark Tech editor which I posted yesterday. The infamous Dr Hd F15 and its extremely sensitive tuner, as posted across the pond, is a unit I would like to obtain but I have only found one Russian site that sells them and my e-mails have gone unanswered.

3. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you still have this unit? Have you updated it at all?
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

5. Thanks Costactc thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sold my D15 to my neighbour, I have been told that the D15 and TM 5402 have the same tuner. The F15 and TM F 3/5 are also supposed to have the same tuner as well. After testing both manufacturers, TM is my preferred brand.

7. Thanks rodder, rrob311 thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The receiver is pretty neat with the spectrum analyzer. I am able to zoom in to a sliver of the band and narrow it down to each transponder. From there I can lower the graph in order to tune everything at once. The signal meter goes from 0-255. Everything on my graph right now on 99w is around 110 or so. I am not clear on what unit is represented in the scale. The bandstacked lnb doesn't work right with this. Similar to the old coolsat and the x2 where it double scans everything. I see in the scanning it will show a 2db signal in the scan but won't lock it. It seems to be able to lock around 5 but sometimes will stay red at 7.5db and not lock.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

9. Thanks eastof111, rodder, Costactc thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed that locking tp under 5 db was a chore for the Dr Hd units. Technomate will lock with a db signal of around 3 although the tuners are supposed to be identical, I beg to differ.

11. Thanks rrob311, rodder thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am running the 144 firmware on it. There is a known bug where you can't change satellites while using the spectrum analyzer. This is no biggie to me as long as the analyzer works. The case size is the same length and width as the Cryptobox.

13. Thanks rodder thanked for this post
    Likes Costactc liked this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been getting an orange signal meter for the signal. Sometimes it is red. Is it supposed to be green usually? I may have to replace a section of coax or a switch. It doesn't like to lock transponders less than 5db or so. I am hoping that with a better signal it will lock with a lower db reading.

15. Thanks rodder thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been testing this receiver's scan against my other blind scanning boxes and while it is a bit slower, it is consistently scanning in more channels than all of the receivers tested so far. I have over a 100' cable run through multiple switches and couplers, etc but this box is definitely a keeper.

17. Thanks rodder thanked for this post
    Likes Costactc liked this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    Ive been testing this receiver's scan against my other blind scanning boxes and while it is a bit slower, it is consistently scanning in more channels than all of the receivers tested so far. I have over a 100' cable run through multiple switches and couplers, etc but this box is definitely a keeper.
    C band or ku Rob? I noticed both Dr hd units on ku blind scan would scan in dummy tp with excellent signal but no audio or video.

19. Thanks rodder thanked for this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast