Thread: DR HD D15

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I'll get around to it East, just getting familiar with my new toy, never had a receiver which displays signal quality in db level- kind of cool.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Costactc, How do you like the new DR. Whats the good, Whats the bad, Was it worth the wait. Any pic. Thanks, Big o.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't finished testing the dr hd d15 yet but thus far I would say that this receiver has disappointed me with its tuner being less sensitive the the x2 premium. I am in the process of using a Clarke Tech satellite editor to put the proper orbital degree positions for sats in our part of the world. I will have an overall assessment later.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got the Clarke Tech editor to finally put all satellites from 8-125w. I will be testing it out on ku band with my motorised 4' dish and then I will make an overall assessment.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks costactc,

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    I haven't finished testing the dr hd d15 yet but thus far I would say that this receiver has disappointed me with its tuner being less sensitive the the x2 premium. I am in the process of using a Clarke Tech satellite editor to put the proper orbital degree positions for sats in our part of the world. I will have an overall assessment later.
    That's disappointing news. A while back I read on the Euro forums that this receiver was a very good item to have for blind scan and tuner sensitivity. I guess having high powered sats in your back yard helps.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    That's disappointing news. A while back I read on the Euro forums that this receiver was a very good item to have for blind scan and tuner sensitivity. I guess having high powered sats in your back yard helps.
    The dr hd d15 is performing spot on on ku band. I have only tested it out on 5 sats thus far and it's scanning everything in and moving the dish flawlessly.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    That would be its predecessor East, the F15 is supposed to have the most sensitive tuner that will give you a lock with only 2 db. The D15 requires at least a 4-5 db for a lock. Heavy rain at the moment and scanning Hispasat at 30w- most channels are saying no/bad signal- the technomate has all channels up. It's really cool to have a receiver that shows signal quality in db and that has a spectrum analyser as well. I will keep this unit on ku band until the new x2 is released and probably ship it downstairs on my 8' dish. For a dxer, tuner sensitivity means everything and this box is lacking.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "That would be its predecessor East, the F15 is supposed to have the most sensitive tuner that will give you a lock with only 2 db. The D15 requires at least a 4-5 db for a lock"

Yeah, I read that the predecessor was a very good receiver, but one would think a newer model release would be better. Go figure.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, the F15 is no longer manufactured and all peeps that have one do not want to let it go. I still plan on doing a more thorough review of the D15 with pics....more to follow.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast