Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    OpenATV4.0 Blindscan and Image Review
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    OpenATV recently made a platform change from 3.0 to 4.0. Overall, I think the 4.0 platform is a good improvement over3.0, and my only real complaint about it would be that it is fairly easy to cause a green screen and a system reboot.
    It seems a few remote buttons are not mapped or incorrectly mapped. This issue is causing most of green screen system crashes

Blindscan with OpenATV4.0 is a mixed bag for me The blindscan seems to be faster in parts, and it is finding some small and difficult transponders. On the other hand, the blindscan misses some transponders that I would like for it to find, and sometimes it fails to find channels on found transponders.

Being reasonable, blindscan is a crap-shoot on any of the fta receivers that I own and have owned. The Duo2 with OpenATV4.0 will miss transponders/channels on one blindscan, then find them the next. This is also the nature of the blindscan beast on the rest of my fta receivers.
    Overall, I would rate the OpenATV4.0 as an 8 or a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10, depending on which receiver I was using for comparison.

Receiver sensitivity on the Duo2 using OpenATV4.0 is excellent, Receiver sensitivity is as good, or better than any of the other fta receivers that I own.

Good Job OpenATV! Hope to see more in the future! EB

Image Info
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Blindscan Results
    Post Thanks / Like
    Note: Almost every picture is time stamped.

139West
    The Duo2 is the king of this satellite using OpenATV4.0. I have 5 receivers that can blindscan over 1,000 channels on this satellite. None of them have ever found this many radio channels on 139W.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

34.5West Ku
    This sat is very weak, but the Duo2 is able to produce a good blindscan on it.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

97West Ku
    This satellite is often used the compare speeds and accuracy of a well defined satellite. The Duo2 blindscanned this sat in about 2 minutes 20 seconds using the settings shown below.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3. Collapse Details
    Blindscan Results cont.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Duo2 managed to log 48 transponders for 116.8W. Not all of these transponders will produce channels, but the more transponders that can be found gives the potential for more channels to be found.

58West C band
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

99West
    The blindscan of this satellite resulted in getting at least one transponder from 101West. This is a common problem with any receiver for me on this satellite.

4. Collapse Details
    Blindscan Results conclusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    55.5W Ku
    There is not much at all for me on this satellite, but the Duo2 was able to find this transponder and one scrambled channel on this transponder.

Glass System Utility is a great plugin. It may be found in OpenATV4.0 in the downloadable extensions.

No blindscan review would be complete without a picture of its inventor! J/K

Most of the satellites listed here are not easy to blindscan using any receiver. The Duo2 has improved in this area tremendously as compared to when I first got the receiver in late 2013. EB

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello EB
    Regarding this image, is the WIFI working on the VU+?, I have this image on my AZBOX, WIFI can be setup but it does not connect.
    Regards.
    Chewie

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    WIFI works for me without any issues. It found every wireless connection that it should have for the location.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    openvix skin confused me for a second.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That particular VIX skin is one of my favorites. (Image info is in photo at the bottom of post#1.)

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, E_B, here's the real question as a newbie. Do the positives of 4.0 first release outweigh the stability of 3.0 r808? As I am just learning VIX I sure don't want to take a back slip on the learning curve so I would appreciate your opinion.

Thanks

===
    Bill
    4 tuner Vu+ Duo2 running OpenVIX Apollo with MetrixHD skin ... AzBox Premium Plus for 4.2.2 ... Amiko Nano HD

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    3.0 and 4.0 Are very close to me. Actually I think the 4.0 has more benefits for the coders right now than us.
    Usually it takes 6 months to a year for the receiver images or firmware to mature. After that, usually what is broken stays broken.

The Duo2 is the fifth receiver that I have owned with Enigma2 capabilities. Changing from one image to another, or making multiple alterations to one image, then dumping it and starting over is easy for me.
    Enigma2 contains a very large operating system that can be intimidating. All of these images right now are very similar, so it would not hurt to get comfortable wit the E2 system overall before worrying about uploading every new release

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast