Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I had a Open-box that did the same as yours and changed that part and it fixed it.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    never had my x2 do that
    or am I being obtuse?

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 of my very first x2 hasnt also show any of this symptoms. Still we will like to get some pics
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had an issue with my x2 when I first got it where it would not power the lnb at all. I left it off for a few days and then it worked. The problem comes and goes. I haven't attempted to change anything internally.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cut that piece out and bridged it to just see if it would start up and not reboot, no effect at all, same result. I appreciate the help, but the box is done I believe. It was a good box, lucky it it cost so little.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    loading foreign firmware it would act up,but I would just recover via rs232 and it would be fine.
    It never did that with legit x2 firmware.
    or am I being obtuse?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

NTC 10D-7

Is this the culprit?

It's right next to the power cord VH connector.

I got a returned X2 prem receiver here that when it boots has a signal for one second then immediately you get no signal quality and no signal message. The 13 or 18v are present and even when I power the LNB from another source and use a dc block I still get no signal message and it won't demod the signal. So should I try to replace this? Is there a readily available cross reference for a NTC 10D-7?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by r10fret View Post
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

NTC 10D-7

Is this the culprit?

It's right next to the power cord VH connector.

I got a returned X2 prem receiver here that when it boots has a signal for one second then immediately you get no signal quality and no signal message. The 13 or 18v are present and even when I power the LNB from another source and use a dc block I still get no signal message and it won't demod the signal. So should I try to replace this? Is there a readily available cross reference for a NTC 10D-7?
    You say you have a returned x2. Do you sell them?
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everything works ok on this one except the demod of the signal, even when you power the lnb separetly through external power supply it still will not demod the signal for more than the first second when the channel banner comes on after it gets past the boot screen. 13v and 18 v can be switched on ant setup page and are fine on the meter. You can get into all menus fine and change L.O. freq but that doesn't do anything either, scans finds nothing, loaded a list of channels from the other x2 to get channels mapped. Only shows them for one second right at startup. Already loaded the .stp to see if that would cure it. No go, same deal.
    Last edited by r10fret; 04-09-2014 at 10:14 PM.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by r10fret View Post
    No I don't sell them, I got two that were returned as defective for parts, but everything works okay on this one except the demod of the signal, even when you power the lnb separetly through external power supply it still will not demod the signal for more than the first second when the channel banner comes on after it gets past the boot screen. 13v and 18 v can be switched on ant setup page and are fine on the meter. You can get into all menus fine and change L.O. freq but that doesn't do anything either, scans finds nothing, loaded a list of channels from the other x2 to get channels mapped. Only shows them for one second right at startup. Already loaded the .stp to see if that would cure it. No go, same deal. So it could be that part but I bridged it and that didn't change anything and I also dropped a piece of heatsrink around it to shield it but that had no effect as well. Other than overseas in bulk where would I get one of those NTC 10D-7 or an equivalent part?
    Here you go, 20 for $5:
    Code:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/20pcs-10-Ohm-1A-Power-NTC-Thermistor-surge-current-limiting-MF72-10D7-/151092289975?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232dcd61b7
    I've ordered from them before, and it took 7 days to get to me in Michigan from China. Of course I can't guarantee you'll get them as fast.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast