Thread: Sat xml updater

1. Collapse Details
    Sat xml updater
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Found a nice plugin yesterday and so far seems to work quite well with ATV 4.0.... haven't tried it yet with other images.

So far only problem is that it has to be installed with Putty. Tried it with software management/install local extension and it was a no go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found "XML Notepad 2007" on the Microsoft website to be a good WYSIWYG editor. I used this to get rid of the satellites I do not see plus edited the names down so they are shorter and more familiar to me.

===
    Bill
    4 tuner Vu+ Duo2 running OpenVIX Apollo with MetrixHD skin ... AzBox Premium Plus for 4.2.2 ... Amiko Nano HD

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tried playing with the Satellite.xml updater, but the only problem I encountered was that Lyngsat, Satbeams are rather older transponders and KingofSat is more oriented towards Euro sats. The most up to date seems to be satellites-xml.eu which also allows you to split the sats in to C and Ku listings.

So.... back to manually editing again until something better comes along.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Tried playing with the Satellite.xml updater, but the only problem I encountered was that Lyngsat, Satbeams are rather older transponders and KingofSat is more oriented towards Euro sats. The most up to date seems to be satellites-xml.eu which also allows you to split the sats in to C and Ku listings.

So.... back to manually editing again until something better comes along.
    Not sure about ATV but we or rather Huevos because thats his site, regularly update the OE-Alliance feeds with a satellites.xml generated from there, so as long as the image is up to date the satellites.xml file should be too.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know. Never really cross referenced the old with the new sat.xml to see what each new build rectified. I always took it for granted I had to keep updating my own sat.xml file, which I have done using satellites-xml.eu, who claim to have the most updated database.

When I have some time I will use satellites-xml.org to test blindscan speed. Their claim of removing non-working transponders from their list will speed up scanning.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Good to know. Never really cross referenced the old with the new sat.xml to see what each new build rectified. I always took it for granted I had to keep updating my own sat.xml file, which I have done using satellites-xml.eu, who claim to have the most updated database.

When I have some time I will use satellites-xml.org to test blindscan speed. Their claim of removing non-working transponders from their list will speed up scanning.
    I tested that very claim when Huevos first launched his site on 16.0 east, now it was well over a year ago but the scan time when using Huevos's .xml with the feeds frequencies removed resulted in a scan time almost half that of a regular scan.