1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    Hello Eastof111
    Regarding the fan, I played with the control last night and the temp. in the front display is reading about 32C, I tough the Fan was off I could not hear it, I put a piece of paper towel and noticed the fan is blowing to the outside.
    The equipment I work with they all have fans for heat and all the units I have worked on, the fans a blowing the air in from ambient, I wonder if the fan on the VU+ Can be turn around and see if it keeps things cooler.
    I will open my box this weekend and see.
    Regards.
    Chewie
    Chewie about the only thing you will accomplish by reversing such a small fan is introducing more dust in to the environment which is as detrimental as heat.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wbarrett View Post
    Eastof111... where did you get your picons? (Or did you create your own?) I am ready to tackle picons but all I have found so far are mostly Euro and some cable ones for encrypted channels like Nat Geo Wild.

===
    Bill
    Bill if you use Picon Creator, it will import directly from Lyngsat.... and what it can't find you can create your own.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I loaded Pic on Creator yesterday. I will give it a try!

===
    Bill
    4 tuner Vu+ Duo2 running OpenVIX Apollo with MetrixHD skin ... AzBox Premium Plus for 4.2.2 ... Amiko Nano HD

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like the Diseqc 1.2 problem is solved, so I will not bother with uploading a custom image at this time.

You may want to update the LCD Display on the receiver. It is nice to see the receiver dispaly the temp and signal.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You may want to change the SNR ratio from percent to db. Use Menu--->Setup--->System--->User interface.

When the receiver crashes, it produces a log file. If you can post the log the next time the receiver crashes, it may help explain why or what happened. Look at:Menu--->Setup---> System--->Logs.

Ku receiver sensitivity may be due in part to the USALS. Check this by moving the motor a bit while watching the SNR. To do this, select a working Ku satellite channel, then use: Menu--->Setup--->Service Searching--->Positioner setup to look at the SNR in db as you slightly move the dish.

How the receiver scans will depend on what values and settings are selected. Attached is a screenshot of what I normally use to blindscan ku. These settings normally produce the most found transponders and channels.

Two .XML blindscan files are attached, 1 is Ku and one is C band. I think the Duo2 is doing a pretty good job blindscanning if it can find over 40 transponders at 116.8 C band.
    You can also post a couple of your blindscanned satellites in XML and it may give a clue as to what the problem is.
    These blindscan files may be used with almost any XML file viewer, or even use "Windows wordpad" in a pinch.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EB. I have been using the default 2-45 and have not tried saving to the XML. I shall try that.

===
    Bill
    4 tuner Vu+ Duo2 running OpenVIX Apollo with MetrixHD skin ... AzBox Premium Plus for 4.2.2 ... Amiko Nano HD

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    2-45 Works very well for me. But I leave all the options set to No, except "Clear before scan" is sometimes changed to yes.

Setting the LCD up to show the temp. and signal has helped me monitor how well the receiver is doing.

You may also start a thread on the OpenVix board. The guys that build the images visit there and may have other ideas for you to try. C band is used all over the world, but be sure to give them a good, current diagram of your entire fta system because they are more used to toroidal dishes than C/ku lnb setups.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attached is a crash log made this evening using OpenATV 4.0 image.
    The crash came from pressing the right remote button to access tuner C. Apparently the plugin did not know what to do when this button is pressed. The receiver sat there a few seconds, wrote and saved the crash log, then rebooted. Using the left remote button on the reboot did not cause any problems.

This log may be viewed using notepad but is best viewed using an XML viewer. There is lots of good information in that file for a coder or technician, but it is of little use to the average person.

Path to file = /home/root/logs
    Attached Files Attached Files

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a known bug they haven't corrected and keeps popping up since some versions of 3.0. For me it's always been pushing the left arrow button that produces the reboot. As long as I stay away from that button when choosing a tuner it won't crash for me. This used to happen when choosing a sat also. Haven't experienced the sat problem since 3.0.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I usually update online every night unless there's a version that needs a usb upgrade. In the last week alone there's been three blind scan and sat finder updates. Tonight's sat finder on metv is showing me 93% snr + 84% agc + 14.9db. Either the coders screwed up or SES 1 is putting out some high wattage. Usually on this transponder all the numbers fluctuate + or - a bit and tonight it's hardly moving.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going by that crash log it's pointing towards a keymap file error, you should be able to open the keymap file in a compatible text reader like notepad++ or GEDIT to check it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast