Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    It starts!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I just received my Vu+ Duo2. Took 11 calendar days from order to front door!

===
    Bill
    4 tuner Vu+ Duo2 running OpenVIX Apollo with MetrixHD skin ... AzBox Premium Plus for 4.2.2 ... Amiko Nano HD

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got mine This Saturday it took about 11 days, is up and running, the remote control green button is working intermittent, I have to make a forward motion with the arm and pointing to the Box and press and works every time, I hope is only dirty inside.
    I have a Harmony remote and they have the files for the VU+ DUO2 I loaded it to the remote and it works faultlessly, you going to like this box.
    Regards.
    Chewie

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chewie

What is the trick to get the HDMI to switch to 60 Hz?

===
    Bill
    4 tuner Vu+ Duo2 running OpenVIX Apollo with MetrixHD skin ... AzBox Premium Plus for 4.2.2 ... Amiko Nano HD

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Bill
    I have a Haier 7 inch TV, Monitor, it only has A/V composite video outputs, hook it up to the box and I was able to see the menu.
    I setup the language and than exit the wizard setup and go to MENU/SETUP/SYSTEM/A.V SETTINGS, SELECT HDMI>60 Hz. I also had the a HDMI cable connected to the TV, therefore
    when I change to 60hz It came on the TV screen.
    Hope this helps.
    Chewie

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta love those receivers that boot in Pal, I too keep an old school tv for that purpose and for outdoors.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I kept at the remote and stumbled across the AV menu blindly. Got a component 480p and 60Hz to work... then once I saw the video, I got the HDMI to work.

Funny thing is... I found a post on a Europe site with Eastof111 in which some Euro-guy claimed HDMI was no affected by the 50 Hz settings. Riiiiiiight.

I need to load a better image. The factory one does not even have a satellite list beyond 58w

===
    Bill

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Gotta love those receivers that boot in Pal"

Yes sireee, it also helps keep those eye muscles in shape

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just remember that everytime you install a different image is going to come up in Pal mode.
    Regards.
    Chewie

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    Just remember that everytime you install a different image is going to come up in Pal mode.
    Regards.
    Chewie
    Great googly moogly. This PAL this is a massive pain and every image I have tried necessitated a round of figuring out how to get video to work.

I tried the factory image, Blackhole and OpenVIX. Think I like VIX best so far and now that HDMI 60 Hz is working I sure don't want to go through that again any time soon.

I got 121w Ku and 101w c-band working. Picture is fantastic. The speed over the AzBox Premium Plus is amazing. I am keeping my AzBox in the system for CBS 4.2.2 Next will be the experimenting with USALS and my ASC-1 positioners.

Thanks to all for turning me onto this box and the Engima2 world. Very cool.

===
    Bill

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    I got mine This Saturday it took about 11 days, is up and running, the remote control green button is working intermittent, I have to make a forward motion with the arm and pointing to the Box and press and works every time, I hope is only dirty inside.
    I have a Harmony remote and they have the files for the VU+ DUO2 I loaded it to the remote and it works faultlessly, you going to like this box.
    Regards.
    Chewie
    I use a Harmony One myself. Good to know the database signals are good. I found I had to manually learn some buttons on both my AzBox and the Manhattan remotes.

===
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast