Thread: Meoboot problem

1. Collapse Details
    Meoboot problem
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    installed meoboot on a powered ext usb hard drive using black hole, I installed most images and it worked fine except for openatv 4.0 which is stuck on the logo screen, deleted and reinstalled but the same problem. Did any one else have the same problem with this image using meoboot?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool....

The stuck on logo screen or booting 53-54-55 on up is caused by the image having a problem writing to the usb drive. It is usually fixed in the next build or release by the coders. Seems they forget or leave something out of the release to recognize the partition. It happens with many of the images during their current releases.

Another way around this is to use the receiver to format the drive into two partitions. One in fat32 so that your pc will be able to recognize any files or videos on that partition. Another partition in ext4 so that the images have no problem writing to the partition. Just make the ext4 partition big enough to hold the anticipated amount or size of the images.

I should have done this a long time ago with my internal drive, but now I have so much stuff on it, that I am reluctant to transfer and start all over. Maybe when I have some free time......

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's an example of some of the older files that have had problems booting or stuck on their logo.

WONT BOOT OpenPLi-4.0-beta-vuduo2-20140217_usb NO BS.zip
    WONT BOOT Persian Empire-full-rc7.r166-vuduo2_usb.zip
    WONT BOOT podhd-opli4-enigma2-4-vuduo2_usb.zip
    WONT BOOT Satdreamgr-4.0-beta-vuduo2-20140115.zip

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had satreamgr 4.0 on cue, I will leave that alone for now, did you successfully install openatv 4.0 on meoboot?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    No had to remove and flash it.

Going to try and partition a stick and install Meoboot and see if 4.0 works that way.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    So... I tried a usb stick as fat32, ext 2, ext4 with 4.0 (last nights build) with settings and without and still no go. I guess for now the only way is to flash it and keep a full backup of the flash image on a stick.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's too bad, guess I have to do the same, openatv 4.0 is one of my favorites right now.