Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I changed the settings in SetEdit for the XML satellite file from /etc/tuxbox/ to /usr/share/. Doing this allows me to write directly to the XML so it stores it. Satellites XML is in the share folder but it is hidden. FileZilla calls it a critical file and will not allow me to replace it. I can extract it but not replace it.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    DreamBoxEdit has also had the problem you describe. I just copy the new satellite.xml file to /etc/engima2 then allow DreamBoxEdit to upload all my other items, satellite.xml, lamedb, bouquets, etc. Allow the receiver to reboot and the receiver will first check to see if there is a current XML file in /etc/enigma2. If it finds one, it will copy it to /etc/tuxbox and /usr/share as you mentioned. It will become the official system XML file for future boots.

If it doesn't find an XML file in /etc/enigma2, it will go to /etc/tuxbox and reload the official XML file used in the past. Took me a long time to figure that one out when I was going back and forth between PKT and HDMU.

By the way, the same applies to DreamSet 2.39.

I just edited the new XML file from ATV 4.0 with DreamBoxEdit and followed the above procedure and it boots up fine with the newly edited XML file.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    For PKT and HDMU, I purchased SetEditFDU for the Raptor and SetEditDream for the Enigma 2 images. Using the 2 SetEdit apllications allowed me to transfer the information Raptor to any Enigma2 image in a matter of minutes. I just never could get this SetEdit system to work correctly with the Duo2 until now.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Changing the satellite path in SetEdit Dream to /usr/share/ will write directly to the xml once the file is reloaded.

As an example, I manually entered tp 11984V 1111 at 30W and scanned it. This gave me one channel. After that, I opened up SetEdit Dream and changed the settings mentioned above, and read files from the receiver. Then immediately sent the files back to the receiver without changing anything. Restarted Enigma,and verified that 11984V 1111 was in the transponder predefined list. I tested this on a couple of other transponders and got the same results.
    My question is: What other channel editors will do that? SetEdit is not free!

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last night I deleted the old DreamboxEdit, cleaned out the registry settings and loaded the newest version. Downloaded all files from the receiver to DBE. Saved a copy with all settings, just in case.

Using DBE, tools>edit sat.xml file, first deleted two sats completely, which is rather tedious because you can only delete one line at a time. Uploaded to receiver and rebooted. Downloaded the sat.xml file to pc from /etc/tuxbox and opened it and the two deleted sats where no longer there.

Did this again by adding three random transponders, uploaded to receiver, rebooted, copied the sat.xml file to pc, opened it and the three random transponders were there.

Will try DreamSet tonight to see if it works as well.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been playing with some other plugins to edit the satellite.xml file, but nothing works with ATV 4.0 so far. Going to try the same plugins with other images later this week.

Came across a XML Copy Editor, which is a fast, free, validating XML editor. It's also available for different Linux distros.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Guys
    I received my VU+DUO2 today it arrived in good shape.
    I try to set it up, but of course is in Pal mode, I read at the VIX forum that if is connected to a HDMI input in the TV, it should be no problem because the it sholud be a universal signal out of the VU+.
    Well did not work, try to use the Component connections set the TV to Component video and no cigar, maybe because I set it for HDMI on the box display menu.
    Anyways, I have a Haier 7 inch TV, Monitor, it only has A/V composite video outputs, hook it up to the box and I can see the menu now, I think is going to the wizard setup.
    i am going to setup the language and than exit the wizard setup and go to MENU/SETUP/SYSTEM/A.V SETTINGS, SELECT HDMI>60 Hz.
    This is how I setup my Azbox, is is the same route for the VU+?
    Please let me know.
    Regards.
    Chewie

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK.
    Give me a minute to get an image together that will load for you. I had been planning to do this...

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EB
    Got it out of Pal Mode same route as AZBOX.
    Regards.
    Chewie

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This Openvix image is set to 480i and 60Hz. Try it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast