1. Collapse Details
    Enigma 2 satellite list for the VU+ DUO 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hello gents
    I will be receiving my VU+ DUO 2 receiver in about a week, Regarding the satellite lists for enigma 2, I have a AZBOX P+ with Open ATV ver 4.0 , in the past I have been able to
    download a custom satellite list from satellites.eu something like that, I always included a European satellite with my list and it work fine with some Enigma 2 firms.
    This Open ATV firm comes with a Universal sat list including North American sats and they are separated for KU AND C BAND.
    I try try to change the default list with my custom sat list and it doesn't work.
    I was informed in the VIX forum that the VU+ DUO 2 comes with a universal sat list including the N.A SATS, is this correct?
    I know there is a few members with this receiver in this forum.
    Please let me know.
    Regards.
    Chewie

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I was informed in the VIX forum that the VU+ DUO 2 comes with a universal sat list including the N.A SATS, is this correct?"

Honestly, when I first received the Duo2, after booting I don't remember what the original sat list had. I do remember it having many Euro sats which I deleted and loaded my own NA list with separate C and Ku listings for the appropriate sats.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What program are you using to change or install the sat file? You should not have any problem as long as you are using a compatible sat/channel editor.

The OpenATV image will be the same or similar in the Duo2. What you will notice with the Duo2 is a big increase in speed and it will operate a lots smoother. You will also get some extra features/plugins in the Duo2 that are not available or compatible with the Premium+.

I use a couple of different channel editors. Most of the images come loaded with every satellite up there, so I have trimmed and modified a sat file that I carry from image to image and even to several different E2 receivers. There are plugins which allow you to upload satellite information straight into the Duo2 from sites like Lyngsat, but IMO, this stuff does not work well for us. Modifying the satellite XML file in tuxbox will allow your Duo2 satfinder to work with predefined transponders-Better than what the stock sat files will do.

Enigma2 is different than what a lot of us are used to in the sense that when you delete a transponder using a satellite editor, that transponder will not be saved when you do a blindscan or even manually enter the tp and scan it. Enigma2 writes the scanned or found transponder information along with the channel information to the lamedb file in etc/enigma2. Enigma2 does not normally save found transponders or manually scanned transponders to the satellite xml file in tuxbox!

So to make a long story short, we will build a North American Enigma2 sat file and post it, along with the tools needed to modify or load it. IMO, the sat file is nothing to worry about or be concerned with.

Attached is a picture showing the PBS transponder at 87W. It is listed as a predefined transponder, and it took some xml file modifications to make that work. That transponder will stay predefined unless it is deleted using a sat or xml editor. Most of the Enigma2 sat editors will not let you save a transponder back to the xml file in tuxbox! I found this out the hard way. EB

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Guys
    I use DCC-E2 v.150 now, I had other versions of the DCC and they worked fine, unless there is something wrong with my pc, I will try my lop top and see what happens.
    Thanks for you information.
    Regards.
    Chewie

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another point regarding E2 not saving newly scanned transponders. With most NA blind scanning compatible type images, when blind scanning and using search type> save to xml file. One can import this file and the original satellite.xml file and do a copy/paste to the original. Afterwards, reload the revised satellite.xml file to the receiver.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I try try to change the default list with my custom sat list and it doesn't work."

Chewie as a last resort if your DCC is giving you problems loading your custom satellite.xml file, use PUTTY and do the following:

1- Log into your receiver with Putty
    2- type init 4 and wait till putty confirms the command - do not exit the program
    3- Open Filezilla and log in to your receiver
    4- Upload your custom satellite.xml file to:
    /etc/enigma2 and
    /etc/tuxbox
    5- close Filezilla and go back to PUTTY
    6- type init 6 and wait till putty confirms the command

Your receiver should start to reboot and your custom satellite.xml file should be installed and working. If it still fails, do a cold boot.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Guys
    Well, it looks like my problem was solved, normally I download my list from http//satellites-xml.eu and these are the list that does not work.
    I found another place to download the satellite list, http//satellites-xml.org, I downloaded a list from this new place, same satellites, upload it to my AZBOX and is all good now, I have no idea what happened.
    I know now is not the DCC program.
    Regards.
    Chewie

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Another point regarding E2 not saving newly scanned transponders. With most NA blind scanning compatible type images, when blind scanning and using search type> save to xml file. One can import this file and the original satellite.xml file and do a copy/paste to the original. Afterwards, reload the revised satellite.xml file to the receiver.
    Exactly what I have been doing. I am also trying to add transponders that are hidden in a blindscan. It is time consuming to get the file built, but once you are done, it will last a while.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only had time today to check two other images to see if TSPanel's sat editor would work.... unfortunately it had green screens on both images. On one image the editor actually modified the satellite.xml file but every time I tried to access the editor afterwards, it would crash.

Too bad, it would be great if it works on some other images I've yet to try.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    DreamBoxEdit in its tool menu has an option to add newly scanned transponders to the satellite.xml file. Haven't done an actual side by side editor comparison of two satellite.xml files yet. Plus they fixed an incompatibility between DreamSet files. This should make it a little easier to update.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast