1. Collapse Details
    Database restoring
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Is it possible to restore any of your saved info on enigma2 when switching to another image, like saved blind scanned channels,any edited sat info and position numbers? I hate to be rescanning and positioning everything when switching images.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It depends.
    you can always use dreamboxEDIT to save your scanned channels and bouquets. dreamboxEDIT also works very well for images that have channels and bouquets. DreamboxEDIT will delete these items when your channels and bouquets are installed.

Saving the motor positions can be tricky because not all images are set up identically. Sometimes you can swap the settings and other files in etc/enigma2 and tuxbox then all of your settings may load. Sometimes doing causes problems with the image, and the cause is not always apparent. For best results, use dreamboxEDIT to retain your channels, then manually install your satellite settings. I know this is a pain but it usually gives the least amount of problems to the new image you just loaded.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you use Meoboot, it makes it quite easy to keep separate settings in their own folders. I have Pnigma, Vix, ATV 4.0, ATV 3.0, BH, etc. I can switch back and forth without any problems. Since the folders are located on a fast WD hard drive, boot up time is no problem. I also keep a full backup on a usb stick for the image that I am currently working with just in case something goes south. If it does, just insert the usb stick and it rewrites the flash and your up and running again. If you want to see the differences between images and their settings, just take a look at the "settings" file located in /etc/enigma2 and open it with notepad++ or similar editor. It should have everything you need to know about that particular image.

In order for everything to work correctly between images, just keep a good backup in DreamBoxEdit of the lamedb, settings, bouquets and satellite.xml files. Then load a new image and using DreamBoxEdit to upload your old settings and it should work. But, if it doesn't, you have your old full backup to restore the receiver and try again.

I would suggest flashing the receiver with BH and use Meoboot to load up to six images, then you can go back and forth and play. If you install on a hard drive, it will boot up fast. If you install on a usb stick, just use a fast stick and you will not have an extreme speed boot penalty. Once you decide on a permanent or favorite image, you can reflash and remove BH and leave your favorite installed.

Hope I didn't make this sound too confusing.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will definitely try that, Thanks guys.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing to remember, when copying system files such as the timers.xml and autotimers.xml files, it is always best to place enigma into sleep mode using the init 4 command via a telnet session. This is because those system files are held in live memory and are very prone to corruption unless enigma is a sleep. I would also recommend the same when transferring bouquet packs ( channel lists ) to and from the receiver.