1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    Are you serious?
    You tell me. How should I respond to your smug and patronizingly obvious answer?

Not everyone with low post counts is an idiot or a newbie, or likes being treated as one.

I've been playing with sat reception for almost thirty years, and computers since I was storing my programming on punch cards. This ain't my first rodeo.

WoD

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hats off to your experience bud but my response was just a quick solution to your problem. Your mistake if you think you're being treated like an idiot, that was not my intention.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your mistake if you think you're being treated like an idiot, that was not my intention.
    Then I'll slowly start removing the needles from the voodoo doll....

FMW

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FatManWalking View Post
    Then I'll slowly start removing the needles from the voodoo doll....

FMW
    Just curious, are you intentionally attempting to get banned?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious, are you intentionally attempting to get banned?
    To be totally honest with you, if your reply to my earler post today about the EPG is any indication of the caliber of "experienced" users in this forum, and the level of alledged "help" that's considered to be the norm, I really don't see need for me spend time here.

If you want to ban me, then quite trying to threaten me, and so it. I have a recessive "ass kissing gene" so you won't suceed at trying to scare me into begging you to let me stay and stroking your ego. I promise to not loose any sleep over it.

FMW

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FatManWalking View Post
    To be totally honest with you, if your reply to my earler post today about the EPG is any indication of the caliber of "experienced" users in this forum, and the level of alledged "help" that's considered to be the norm, I really don't see need for me spend time here.

If you want to ban me, then quite trying to threaten me, and so it. I have a recessive "ass kissing gene" so you won't suceed at trying to scare me into begging you to let me stay and stroking your ego. I promise to not loose any sleep over it.

FMW
    You really are quite amusing. I'd really like to know which site you came from and what the **** you want. I would suggest you go back to where your experience will be appreciated but do stick around if you like as you might be able to enlighten us with your knowledge.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You really are quite amusing. I'd really like to know which site you came from and what the **** you want. I would suggest you go back to where your experience will be appreciated but do stick around if you like as you might be able to enlighten us with your knowledge.
    I found this forum after spending some time with one of the search engines. I didn't come here to stir the pot. At the time I was looking to supplement my old S9 receivers and the new X2 looked like a very reasonably priced candidate.

I wanted to read input from owners and their experiences. This forum seemed to be one of the more informative one on the subject and answered my questions. My primary questions were about ongoing firmware development and customer support. From what I read, both seemed positive. As a result, I bought a couple of the receivers.

I'm still here but to keep an ear to the rail for any weird hardware quirks that may exist in the X2 like the S9 had. It's a lot easier to prophylactically replace a polyfuse here, or a voltage regulator there, BEFORE a failure. The software quirks I just have to live with until updated firmware is released.

FMW

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are still some firmware problems to resolve in the X2. But they continue to provide support in correcting problems and adding customer requests to their builds. Unfortunately, as with many receivers, be it a $50 or $600 item, when one problem is fixed another may pop up or an older gremlin may return. This has happened to many of us with many other receivers we have purchased.

The positive point is that they are still providing support and not brushed it aside by issuing a new receiver to the market.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    The positive point is that they are still providing support and not brushed it aside by issuing a new receiver to the market.
    Agreed. Sadly, THAT seems to be a rare thing any more. I like the fact that the I, the II, and the SRT-xxx or whatever the new model is, all use the same firmware. After a while, perfection or something very close, stands a good chance of being achived.

Come to think of it, I never really noticed this prior to the last couple of revisions, if I don't poweroff the receiver after every dozen or so blind searches, it will lockup and require an unplug. I guess that there's a memory managment issue that needs to be resolved.

FMW

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    surprised support lasted as long as it did.
    openbox was only good for about 9 months of support per model.
    or am I being obtuse?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast