Thread: iSmart m100

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The m100 appears to have the same hardware and software as the Openbox X5 series. In the information screen it says Sunplus 1502a. It is basically a clone of the x5 and has the same bugs. The main bug that I find is hard to work with is when you turn it on sometimes there will be no remote response besides the power button. There was an older X5 firmware that wouldn't do this but I will have to do some digging to figure out which one. I have no idea if X5 firmware works with this as I have not tried it. I like the ismart background and would like to keep it. Maybe there is a way to change the backgrounds like with the openbox s9/10. All attempts to contact ismart have been fruitless on my end. The latest x5 firmware from the yojia site is from late last year. I don't have a copy of ismart firmware for this so I have refrained from doing any firmware modifications. Maybe x2 has firmware for it?

If you are familiar with the x5 series the blind scan is pretty fast and somewhat accurate. The transponder spacing is not very good which causes it to lose channels after a blind scan. The media player works pretty well for iptv and whatnot. One thing it has over the x5 is naming of channels in a blindscan. On 103w it will catch the 1000sr radio mux and it finds names for all of the channels. Surely worth the money but honestly I haven't used the receiver in weeks due to the remote control issue that basically renders it useless when it occurs.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    as far as the menus this is the only thing I have found that is different.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
    Couple of questions.....
    1. Is it an ali chip? DOes it shutdown or power off after recording?

2. Does it do DVB-S2? 16apsk?

3. How well does it blind scan? fast accurate?

Thanks for the information guys!!!!

Seems awful cheap if it can do S2, 16apsk, blind scan etc!!!
    Mountaineer, Unless Sunplus has something to do with ali I don't think it is ali based.

It does dvb-s2. I was testing 16apsk on it and came up with nothing whereas my openbox s10 could get them. However, the 95w 1035 sr signals did come in on it and the x2 at a later time. I was unable to confirm if these transponders were 16apsk or not because the receiver does not list that information. So it is still up in the air.

I haven't done any recording with this receiver yet. I just booted it up tonight and it is working so I will experiment some more. Hopefully it stays running.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The openbox x5 says sunplus 1512, this receiver says sunplus 1502. Not sure what the difference is if any. the receiver seems to get warm and I experienced some reboot issues after it got hot so a fan is recommended.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered mine sometime ago, unfurtunally Amazon doesnt know where its right now
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to load my satellite list that I made from the x5 and it hasn't worked yet. I may have to create a new list.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've got mine now. Not a bad box. Different to work with. Recording does not turn off receiver (Finally), scans fast (misses some stuff), small (gets a little hot), not much support. For 39.00 a steal. If x2 was still in the 40's - 50's I'd say save money and buy X2 (which is a better receiver). With X2 at 84-90 it is not $40 better than ismart in my opinion. If you want to know more just ask.

Comes only with ku sats,.....x5 editor can be used and NA list ...both are at yojiatech.

here is my sat list....C and KU for NA. Hope it helps someone.
    Change .rar to .bin
    Attached Files Attached Files

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A little more info on m100:
    it does do 16 apsk
    USALS works good
    Can scan H or V or both. Blindscans pretty fast but seems to miss some sometimes.

X5 firmware will NOT load on it. (Maybe someone else can try to)
    Channel editor by computer is tricky. X5 ch editor will work...however if not done properly channels will be deleted. You have to save it as default database each time when you load it on the m100 or the next time you scan, it will delete some channels in database. You can only work with the default db, ch editor will not recognize user db; hence you have to say "ok" to save as default db when you load it on m100. Also when you load it back to m100 after editing, it has changed motor to off for all sats (only using usals here so don't know if it does so with diseqc 1.2 positions) Once I figured that out it works like a charm now...even manually added ABC sds on C g16 and worked fine.

box responds slower and changes slower than other boxes. May be lack of memory or firmware needs cleaning up. Can't find anywhere to go to for latest firmware...nov 2013 maybe....link on ismart page is greyed out.

Overall not a bad box for 39.00. Wouldn't recommend it if price was higher, but a good box to have for a spare room/workshop, or just to have as a spare receiver. Does seem to get warm, have fan on it. Remote has always responded...no problems there. Have not really tried out network...antennae came with it and it connected fine. Weather seemed to work.
    Will post more later.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which 16apsk feeds were you able to scan with this mountaineer? My receiver quit on me the other day. I am waiting on a replacement. Was watching tv and poof the screen went pink and green and then it shut off. Now I only get a green light on the front.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was able to get the Horse racing feeds on Cband G3c. If they are close together then it will erase one. For instance 3969 and 3971 will not be there at one time, it erases one. But it came in fine...SR 1035. Further apart ones don't seem to be a problem.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast