Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    X2 to drive a BUD using a Disq 1.2 positioner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Does anyone use the X2 to drive a BUD using a Disq 1.2 positioner, like a V box?
    What I would like to do is have the X2 drive my dish instead of my AZbox Ultra.

The reason I'm asking is I have been fighting an issue for several days now.
    Some satellite positions get stored to the v box and some do not.
    I even entered all the positions into the v box first but only about half of them would work.

So now to do some testing to see what is going on.
    I move the dish with the v box remote to INTEL 805 C 55w and now parked with locked signals ( I only use C band for this dish).
    Starting from scratch, I erased all the stored positions from my V Box by doing a reset on the v box.
    The BUD is sitting at INTEL 805 C 55w, this is my eastern most satellite for me, and the tick counter is at 000.
    Since this will be position 01, I go ahead and store P01 using the v box remote, now the v box displays P01, all is well.
    Ok, the receiver has gone thru a factory reset and the firmware is the DEC 18, 2013 version.
    Under satellite setting I have 80 satellites listed, 30w to 139w.
    Under satellite setting I check INTEL 805 C 55w, then go to antenna setting for 805 C, select Diseqc 1.2 then OK.
    Position 1 is shown, I then go to store, select store then save changes, yes. This should have stored that position to the v box. During the store and save process the v box display did not change.
    It continued to show P01 with no changes.
    Now I go back into antenna setting still under 805 C 55w, go back into diseqc1.2, select stop then by pressing the left or right button on the X2 remote the v box should move the dish. Nothing happens.
    No display change to relay clicks.
    Now comes the interesting part.
    If I select for example INTEL 16 C 58w and go thru the same process as above, all works as advertised, not a problem, the dish moves, east/west moves just fine also.
    When selecting store the v box display goes from P01 to 000 (which it should) and when I
    save the setting the v box flashes P01 a few times telling me that the X2 sent the info and has been saved.
    I have 15 satellites out of 31 that do not store.

Any ideas?

P.S. My V box is a DMS International III, I ordered a new one this week, V Box 7

The channel list does not update either via usb, using X2 DB VIRGEN 45 to 139 B.ssu, box shows flashing then reboots. Then I go do a factory setting to default. I still get the original sat list.

Unit is defective, going back to Amazon for a refund and now looking else where for another one.

Henry
    Last edited by zoraq; 01-05-2014 at 11:48 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoraq View Post
    Does anyone use the X2 to drive a BUD using a Disq 1.2 positioner, like a V box?
    What I would like to do is have the X2 drive my dish instead of my AZbox Ultra.

The reason I'm asking is I have been fighting an issue for several days now.
    Some satellite positions get stored to the v box and some do not.
    I even entered all the positions into the v box first but only about half of them would work.

So now to do some testing to see what is going on.
    I move the dish with the v box remote to INTEL 805 C 55w and now parked with locked signals ( I only use C band for this dish).
    Starting from scratch, I erased all the stored positions from my V Box by doing a reset on the v box.
    The BUD is sitting at INTEL 805 C 55w, this is my eastern most satellite for me, and the tick counter is at 000.
    Since this will be position 01, I go ahead and store P01 using the v box remote, now the v box displays P01, all is well.
    Ok, the receiver has gone thru a factory reset and the firmware is the DEC 18, 2013 version.
    Under satellite setting I have 80 satellites listed, 30w to 139w.
    Under satellite setting I check INTEL 805 C 55w, then go to antenna setting for 805 C, select Diseqc 1.2 then OK.
    Position 1 is shown, I then go to store, select store then save changes, yes. This should have stored that position to the v box. During the store and save process the v box display did not change.
    It continued to show P01 with no changes.
    Now I go back into antenna setting still under 805 C 55w, go back into diseqc1.2, select stop then by pressing the left or right button on the X2 remote the v box should move the dish. Nothing happens.
    No display change to relay clicks.
    Now comes the interesting part.
    If I select for example INTEL 16 C 58w and go thru the same process as above, all works as advertised, not a problem, the dish moves, east/west moves just fine also.
    When selecting store the v box display goes from P01 to 000 (which it should) and when I
    save the setting the v box flashes P01 a few times telling me that the X2 sent the info and has been saved.
    I have 15 satellites out of 31 that do not store.

Any ideas?

P.S. My V box is a DMS International III, I ordered a new one this week, V Box 7

The channel list does not update either via usb, using X2 DB VIRGEN 45 to 139 B.ssu, box shows flashing then reboots. Then I go do a factory setting to default. I still get the original sat list.

Unit is defective, going back to Amazon for a refund and now looking else where for another one.

Henry
    Which firmware is loaded in your receiver? I will try and duplicate your problem this evening if time permits. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dec 18 2013, the latest from X2sat website

Thanks

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everything works fine here for me. All of my stored satellites work as they should using the VBox.

Please Upload a backup of your channel file or a complete backup to this thread. Doing this will let us see what you are using in detail.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll get a complete backup tomorrow night after work.
    Thank you

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    here is the backup all file, done using USB.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not see any stored satellites or channel information in that file. Please upload a file that has working satellites in it. A file that has your satellite and channel info saved in it.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed running the sept firmware that when I store some of my Ku satellites using Diseqc instead of USALS, the receiver will not drive the motor back to the satellites saved in Diseqc mode. It works fine for USALS but when I fine tune some of the satellites and save it under diseqc like I usually do, the motor is not commanded when switching back to that satellite. I have an sg2100 motor and this method has worked for me in the past. The sg2100 is listed as having 60 positions, I tried using lower numbers but still nothing. Is anyone using a similar method with this receiver?
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the user database dump [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rrob311,

In the past with Ku dishes that I've used, and even today, I only use USALS. When STAB came out with USALS, I purchased a seperate Ku 1.2m dish and never looked back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast