Threaded View

1. Collapse Details
    X2 to drive a BUD using a Disq 1.2 positioner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone use the X2 to drive a BUD using a Disq 1.2 positioner, like a V box?
    What I would like to do is have the X2 drive my dish instead of my AZbox Ultra.

The reason I'm asking is I have been fighting an issue for several days now.
    Some satellite positions get stored to the v box and some do not.
    I even entered all the positions into the v box first but only about half of them would work.

So now to do some testing to see what is going on.
    I move the dish with the v box remote to INTEL 805 C 55w and now parked with locked signals ( I only use C band for this dish).
    Starting from scratch, I erased all the stored positions from my V Box by doing a reset on the v box.
    The BUD is sitting at INTEL 805 C 55w, this is my eastern most satellite for me, and the tick counter is at 000.
    Since this will be position 01, I go ahead and store P01 using the v box remote, now the v box displays P01, all is well.
    Ok, the receiver has gone thru a factory reset and the firmware is the DEC 18, 2013 version.
    Under satellite setting I have 80 satellites listed, 30w to 139w.
    Under satellite setting I check INTEL 805 C 55w, then go to antenna setting for 805 C, select Diseqc 1.2 then OK.
    Position 1 is shown, I then go to store, select store then save changes, yes. This should have stored that position to the v box. During the store and save process the v box display did not change.
    It continued to show P01 with no changes.
    Now I go back into antenna setting still under 805 C 55w, go back into diseqc1.2, select stop then by pressing the left or right button on the X2 remote the v box should move the dish. Nothing happens.
    No display change to relay clicks.
    Now comes the interesting part.
    If I select for example INTEL 16 C 58w and go thru the same process as above, all works as advertised, not a problem, the dish moves, east/west moves just fine also.
    When selecting store the v box display goes from P01 to 000 (which it should) and when I
    save the setting the v box flashes P01 a few times telling me that the X2 sent the info and has been saved.
    I have 15 satellites out of 31 that do not store.

Any ideas?

P.S. My V box is a DMS International III, I ordered a new one this week, V Box 7

The channel list does not update either via usb, using X2 DB VIRGEN 45 to 139 B.ssu, box shows flashing then reboots. Then I go do a factory setting to default. I still get the original sat list.

Unit is defective, going back to Amazon for a refund and now looking else where for another one.

Henry
    Last edited by zoraq; 01-05-2014 at 11:48 AM.