Thread: Nano HD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Like I said in the previous post, I have no intention of inserting the ls400 tuner as this would take away its capability of scanning in dvb-s2/8psk channels.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Motor movement with Usals is spot on. For a receiver that is probably being manufactured for hack, its fta capability is quite good-now if we can get the damn blind scan to work.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    Just received my new Nano HD receiver yesterday. I have it hooked up to my 4' motorised ku setup to test. It came equipped with a remote, batteries, hdmi cable, users guide and ls400 tuner:

Nano HD Features:
    Twin USB PVR ready -PVR/Time-shift/updating
    WiFi Support (Optional)
    Ethernet interface- Firmware, data updating
    YouTube Multimedia HD
    8000 Channel Memory
    Made in Korea
    Features:
    Full Compliant of DVB-S & DVB-S2(QPSK/8PSK/16APSK/32APSK) Digital & DVB broadcasting
    High Definition Video output : HDMI1.2(HDCP) and Y Pb Pr
    Video output resolution: 480i/p 576i/p 720p 1080i,1080p
    Audio Decoding :ISO/IEC 13818-3
    Satellite Tuner, 950-2150 MHz input Frequency (IF Loop Throughout),Symbol rate 1~45Msps
    Very fast Smart Search(Blind Scan)
    I am also looking for a new receiver.

Sound like you found a good box, at least it says it blindscans! Since most countries don't use blindscan because they are more fixed to their transponders, a couple of questions?

Where did you find it and how much do they cost? Who provides support for the software in the box and how old is the software it comes with? What do you do with hardware copy protection that is beneficial?

I am planning to take my X2 Premium HD out of service until they increase the number of satellites available from 64 to 99 as I split the Ku and C band sats and 64 just won't let me do what I want. I would prefer a little better picture quality on the standard definition sats, probably with ALI chipset. What chipset does the Nano use?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    C-band since 1980. 12 ft Paraclipse bought new. Dual Tuner AzBox Premium HD+. FW is 0.9.5311 (reads 0.9.5308 on the AZBox).
    X2 Premium HD SW Ver: r2890-32202607 -xs0 Date: Sep 24 2013. Two 1mtr Wingard Dishes with STAB HH-120 motors.
    ​Titanium Satellite ASC-1 dish positioner, Chaparral Co-rotor feedhorn. 24 inch Thomson Saginaw Ball Actuator.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up the nano hd receiver from Leesatt for $175+shipping. The software is new and I'm assuming that the nano team will be there for support but I haven't heard anything yet. The information menu doesn't mention what chipset this receiver uses but it reminds me of the openbox/skybox Ali chipsets. All quite vague for the moment as I'm waiting on a new file.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Costact
    File is already out as beta , NANO HD_13Nov2013_V297.rar . Also, I read this is made from the same people that made the Linkbox 8000HD and Ilink 9800HD. I know the files between the linkbox and the ilink can be used betweeen then so probably the Nano is the same. If you have a way to recover the Nano you can give it a try since you already have a linkbox
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like taking chances with a new box Carlos. There isn't enough sufficient evidence to link nano with linkbox. The NANO HD_13Nov2013_V297.rar file you mention, if I'm not mistaken, hasn't been released yet and is in the beta stage. I've also heard that the file is for provider hack, which I'm not interested in.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they added the Blindscanning option into the 3rd them you should consider it, most of the actual boxes have the hack option its up to the user if they want it to use or not (sometimes hidden)
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually the new factory code is also available which addresses blind scan. I will post that file in the files section.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for reviewing this receiver Costa, but $175.00 for an Ali receiver? That would probably be $200.00 with shipping included. What exactly is supposed to make it worth near that much?
    Are there two tuners or one?

You may try connecting the RS233 to a computer and see if the receiver will recognize any of the Ali tools such as channel editors and loaders.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see WWS up north is offering them for 160. Are there other multimedia functions? I see Youtube is mentioned. Anything else? I like the menus.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast