Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Qviart Unic Satellite Receiver
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    UPS just dropped off my new toy. The Qviart Unic satellite receiver which I will be testing out. The stb comes equipped with a remote, batteries, user guide and usb wifi dongle:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The receiver boots in Pal which caused me a bit of a problem since its only other way to get connected to the tv is via Euro scart. I hooked it up to my Sony rear projection and it took several seconds to get it into Ntsc. I factory defaulted several times to figure out how to get it working for us here in NA without a compatible tv. These are the blind steps to get it to Ntsc after it has booted:

bottom arrow 2 times

right arrow 1 time

bottom arrow 1 time

OK

bottom arrow 3 times

right arrow once

These blind steps get you from Pal into Ntsc.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of pics of the main menu and install menu, many more to come:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those wondering about blind scan, the blind search function on the Unic stb works extremely well. Blind search is by no means as fast as the x2 but it's quite fast and doesn't miss any tp. The first part of the blind search scans in all tp and has 2 lists, the other is for new tp. Once it has scanned and listed the tp it then scans each one individually and will also scan any other tp in the memory of that particular satellite. I like what I've seen thus far and I'm quite impressed with tuner sensitivity..........more to follow and I'm open to any inquiries.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello Costa
    Did you had to upload a satellite list? and what was the total price including delivery?
    Enjoy the new toy.
    Regards.
    Chewie

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    hello Costa
    Did you had to upload a satellite list? and what was the total price including delivery?
    Enjoy the new toy.
    Regards.
    Chewie

The receiver obviously came equipped with a Europen satellite list which I deleted and I am setting up my own list. I have started on c band on the Atlantic side, beginning with Express AM44 at 11w and I've gotten up to Ses 6 at 40.5w. The total cost with shipping was 100 euros($140 CDN). The receiver was shipped out via Ups on Monday from Spain and I received it yesterday afternoon.

By the way, a blind search on Ses 6 at 40.5w took 6 minutes and scanned in 98 tp and 274 channels.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Costa, let us know if/when you catch some 16 and 32 psk signals and if the receiver actually displays the info and how. Thanks.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Costa, let us know if/when you catch some 16 and 32 psk signals and if the receiver actually displays the info and how. Thanks.
    I havent been looking out for them East, maybe if you can give a few tp to test I'll give it a shot. All info for each channel is displayed, for example 1080 and dvb-s2.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    I havent been looking out for them East, maybe if you can give a few tp to test I'll give it a shot. All info for each channel is displayed, for example 1080 and dvb-s2.
    Can you post a pic pressing the Info boton to see what is displayed there??? Thanks
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "maybe if you can give a few tp to test I'll give it a shot. All info for each channel is displayed, for example 1080 and dvb-s2."

Those transmissions are usually random and hard to find. Since the receiver is advertised as 16 and 32 capable, I was hoping during the blind scan, that something would be listed next to the channel found.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast