Thread: Vu+Duo2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Attached is the OpenVIX firmware that works good for me. You might want to try it. Be sure to do a firmware update after loading in order to get the latest version.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will try it, is there a tseditor for the openvix?

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    i do not think so.
    The Duo2 is an Enigma2 based receiver so you will need to use editors that are made for Enigma2 or for Dreambox receivers.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I've got something corrupt somewhere. All my iptv bouquets work fine with video and audio. On 101 C band, Metv I get video but no audio. Movies TV I get both video and audio. Weird. Something got corrupted I guess. Tried BH and VTI and they both do the same thing."

Had some time and tried OpenATV and OpenVix and they don't have the problem mentioned above. Both work fine. Also, the blind scan menu is different in some of the images. The first one is OpenATV and the second is BH. OpenATV seems to be a faster scan and a faster bootup. But some of the menus keep popping up in German. Plus it has an occasional crash.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try the OpenVIX I posted earlier. I have had the audio problem myself. Seems to be connected to ac3 type audio? Reloading the firmware solved it and the problem was only in the two images you mentioned. OpenVIX runs the best for me. Try loading it and then immediately do a firmware update online.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The OpenATV and OpenVIX work fine right out of the box. Once the OpenATV gets tweaked by the coders, it should be a very good lean and fast firmware. Going to try and load Meoboot with BH again and see how many images I can get to work. Getting there slowly but surely....

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was loading a new image when it froze and it freaked me out. Turns out I used a 3.0 usb stick, even though it claims to be backwards compatible to 2.0. Got a USF-- error # and then stuck in UPDATE. Luckily, was able to reload an image with a good ole Kingston 256 kb stick.

Now working on loading some images with Meoboot, but seems to be hit and miss so far. But when it works, it's great cause it automatically loads all settings no matter which image you boot from.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meoboot in action....
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Think I will try meoboot out.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I wasn't happy with the temp readings even with the small internal fan I added. So, I removed it and install another one the same size as the factory original mounted in the chassis. Just happened to have an extra one in my junk box. Installed it in the same location as the smaller one before. Now the f input connectors read a measly 90-93 degrees. Now, it doesn't feel hot to the touch as before.

I also added a heat sink to the cpu since it had such a nice open space just craving for one. Feel much better now, just in case later the coders add overclocking.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast