Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Vu+Duo2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Well, my Vu+Duo2 arrived in a strangely wrapped package today. My GS was checking to see if there was a taco inside. As luck would have it, my wife happened to be home at the time. Of course she wanted to know what was in it. To make a long story short, I now owe her a few dinners of her choice. LOL!

Time to do some testing this weekend!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    received mines yesterday, it's going to take a while to get a hang of this receiver.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Solrackm, if you need help, just holler....

I couldn't wait till the weekend, I had to play with it. I thought the unit might have arrived with the latest bootloader, but it wasn't the case. Pretty easy to install, and then load an image. Tomorrow will hopefully spend some time installing a temp hard drive. Will also look into the possibility of installing a cpu fan close to the tuners. Really like the remote control.... much better than the Raptor.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just finished installing a temp hard drive, until I get a large one. After the install, it would not completely boot up, so the work around was to unplug the sata cable and reboot. Afterwards, it was recognized and I was able to format it and do a complete and personal backup.

I also added a small cpu fan to see if it would help with the cooling of the tuners. It did lower the temps of both tuners by ten degrees from a high of 108-112 degrees. Nothing fantastic, but every little bit helps. Using the fan control plugin makes it easier to control the speeds since both fans are hooked up to the same pin out. I may add an additional heat sink to the cpu later on as it's currently running at 125 degrees as is. The hard drive is running at 95 degrees which is adequate.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have not checked to see if I need to update my bootloader because whatever is in it is working. Good deal on the temprary hard drive. IMO, the Duo2 needs some sort of hard drive installed in order to realize all of the features. A hard drive should be installed even if you do not record!
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Just taking my time learning all the different plugins and other features. Blind scan not the greatest but the tuner is very sensitive.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very Good!
    Which image are you running? Image name and Version number?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You'll know if you have the latest bootloader when you bootup. The display will show something like CFE2 scroll across the lcd.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am running openatv 3.0 11-12-13

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've got something corrupt somewhere. All my iptv bouquets work fine with video and audio. On 101 C band, Metv I get video but no audio. Movies TV I get both video and audio. Weird. Something got corrupted I guess. Tried BH and VTI and they both do the same thing. Probably going to start all over and clean I guess.

Also, tried getting Meoboot to work, but so far no go. Will play with it later after some of the more important issues are resolved.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast