Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.zin View Post
    I had all 3 versions installed in xp
    Quote Originally Posted by carlospr43 View Post
    Give it a try , i have mine installed in my XP working fine
    Thanks for the reply. I am still a little puzzled. I installed the X2 EZ-Manage Tool Editor and it seems to be hunting for a database named res something. When I installed the X2 Premium Editor, it seemed to be using the X2-EZ Manage installer and kept looking for the res... database. I was hoping that one or both of these editors would download the x2 info via the ethernet network connection, but this program seems to want to use a serial port, which my computer does not have built in.

What I want to try is to install one or both of these programs, download the user data from the X2, edit it to add diseqc and motor positions and a couple of extra satellites and transponders, then upload it back to the X2 box. Seems simple, but I haven't figured it all out yet. Any assistance sincerely appreciated.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    C-band since 1980. 12 ft Paraclipse bought new. Dual Tuner AzBox Premium HD+. FW is 0.9.5311 (reads 0.9.5308 on the AZBox).
    X2 Premium HD SW Ver: r2890-32202607 -xs0 Date: Sep 24 2013. Two 1mtr Wingard Dishes with STAB HH-120 motors.
    ​Titanium Satellite ASC-1 dish positioner, Chaparral Co-rotor feedhorn. 24 inch Thomson Saginaw Ball Actuator.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    can you tell the EZM editor version you have installed???
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    there are 3 programs, v1.04 v1.07 and v2.03
    if you are using the latest firmware you have to use v2.03 of ezm,the other two are obsolete except when you play with old firmwares.
    or am I being obtuse?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    These were taken from the Stickie on the X@ Premium HD File page:
    X2 Premium Editor.exe 10.362KB 8/11/2013 The Installer says EZM Tool 2.0.3.1.0.

I think the problem is my version of Windows XP is corrupted as the installer keeps referencing a different program that used the windows sql database and says it can't locate the installation files for it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    C-band since 1980. 12 ft Paraclipse bought new. Dual Tuner AzBox Premium HD+. FW is 0.9.5311 (reads 0.9.5308 on the AZBox).
    X2 Premium HD SW Ver: r2890-32202607 -xs0 Date: Sep 24 2013. Two 1mtr Wingard Dishes with STAB HH-120 motors.
    ​Titanium Satellite ASC-1 dish positioner, Chaparral Co-rotor feedhorn. 24 inch Thomson Saginaw Ball Actuator.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wen View Post
    These were taken from the Stickie on the X@ Premium HD File page:
    X2 Premium Editor.exe 10.362KB 8/11/2013 The Installer says EZM Tool 2.0.3.1.0.

I think the problem is my version of Windows XP is corrupted as the installer keeps referencing a different program that used the windows sql database and says it can't locate the installation files for it.
    ignore and continue.
    the various installers have been burping since day 1
    or am I being obtuse?

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok, if I get it running, do I have to use the serial cable to download and upload to the s2 box. It shows network connection, but it is not the standard IP network. Has anyone used this program to edit sats and how have you downloaded and uploaded to the S2 box?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    save as a database.ssu file and load to/from usb stick.
    you can't talk to the box over ethernet even tho that is an option in ezm if you look deep enough.
    or am I being obtuse?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, dr.zin. I did get it running on another computer and got the usb antenna list loaded. Unless I am missing something, the list of satellites is no where updated to the September date shown on the update. It seems very difficult to scan each of the satellites in when the Longitude is incorrect as are many of the transponders. Has this been a problem to anyone else? Spent the last couple of nights scanning sats, and there just seems to be a lot of inconsistencies in the X2 data base. Any suggestions appreciated!

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the things I enjoy most is creating my own satellite list. When I get a new receiver I delete all sats and send my dish to its eastern edge and start entering manually and scanning. I know its a bit tedious but the list is the way I want it and it keeps me updated as to any new channels or feeds.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    One of the things I enjoy most is creating my own satellite list. When I get a new receiver I delete all sats and send my dish to its eastern edge and start entering manually and scanning. I know its a bit tedious but the list is the way I want it and it keeps me updated as to any new channels or feeds.
    Thanks Costactc. Yes, I have read your posts for several years, and you are really good at it!

I am really glad to have my old Paraclipse working again. The new BSC-621-2D dual band LNBF is not really adjusted and works good on C-band, but not always on Ku. Sure had better luck with my old Chaparral Bullseye Feed with both Ku & C Band LNB's and I may go back to that in the future when I can easily control the Polarator. There seems to be a device coming out next month that makes that feasible. Hope it is not vaporware.

I ordered a new X2 that will be here next week and hope it comes with a better sat list, but that really seems too good to be true.

My original list of satellites derived from the Satellites-xml.com site has 75 satellites after deleting the DBS sats. I thought I was ok as the X2 September update had 80 sats programmed. Unfortunately, there seems to be a limit of approx 60 satellites that you can CHECK and use at one time. I agree that many of these sats do not contain much material to watch, but I hoped to get the DMS V-Box programmed with all 75 sats (separate C-band and Ku band). Once I finally get the V-Box fully programmed, then sat finding should be much easier.
    Last edited by wen; 10-26-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast