Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    How to start with new X2 Receiver?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Thanks for letting me be a member of such an excellent and well managed FTA website! Nice to see lots of old friends on here, too.

I am new to X2 receiver, but not FTA.

My receiver is:
    HW Ver:30270303,3
    SW Ver: r2293-28265007 -xs0
    Date: May 20 2013, 14:24:42
    Description: IX2476_S2
    Model: HD premium

Computer is iMac running Windows XP and have inconvenient access to Windows 7 on laptop.

What do I need (and which file) to install a current satellite/transponder list from approx 34W to 139W (assume install from USB stick or network). What software can I edit the satellite list on Win XP? I have used the site satellite-xml to download current satellite and transponder data in xml format for my AZBox.

What is latest recommended Firmware Version? What do I need to install it from USB stick or network? Will a new firmware also install a satellite/transponder list?

Will the X2 EZ-Manage Tool Editor and X2 Premium Editor be helpful and install on my Windows XP computer?

TIA
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    C-band since 1980. 12 ft Paraclipse bought new. Dual Tuner AzBox Premium HD+. FW is 0.9.5311 (reads 0.9.5308 on the AZBox).
    X2 Premium HD SW Ver: r2890-32202607 -xs0 Date: Sep 24 2013. Two 1mtr Wingard Dishes with STAB HH-120 motors.
    ​Titanium Satellite ASC-1 dish positioner, Chaparral Co-rotor feedhorn. 24 inch Thomson Saginaw Ball Actuator.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to legitfta. Yes, your best option will be to do an update by network. Make sure the box is connected to internet either by Wifi or Ethernet. Once you do the network update you will have a USA sat list from 45w to 139w
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will the X2 EZ-Manage Tool Editor and X2 Premium Editor be helpful and install on my Windows XP computer?
    Thanks for the kind words and Welcome to Legit!
    It depends on how much editing you want to do. The built-in channel editor works pretty good. I would suggest trying it first.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Legitfta wen, I would suggest the latest update which comes well equipped with a sat list from 45-139w-you can add what's missong:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    Welcome to Legitfta wen, I would suggest the latest update which comes well equipped with a sat list from 45-139w-you can add what's missong:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Thanks so much for the info.

OK, got it done and that seems to have worked ok to upgrade via USB. The sat list had 80 sats and they were all in order. I have a diseqc switch that selects C or Ku band LNB. I will scan in some of the satellites tomorrow.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    C-band since 1980. 12 ft Paraclipse bought new. Dual Tuner AzBox Premium HD+. FW is 0.9.5311 (reads 0.9.5308 on the AZBox).
    X2 Premium HD SW Ver: r2890-32202607 -xs0 Date: Sep 24 2013. Two 1mtr Wingard Dishes with STAB HH-120 motors.
    ​Titanium Satellite ASC-1 dish positioner, Chaparral Co-rotor feedhorn. 24 inch Thomson Saginaw Ball Actuator.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    too late
    I was going to say play with the original firmware 1st
    or am I being obtuse?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.zin View Post
    too late
    Thanks dr.zin. I had already played with it for several months and had discovered the sat/xponder list was not up to date. I hoped someone could shed a little light on my last question:

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.zin View Post
    too late
    Thanks dr.zin. I had already played with it for several months and had discovered the sat/xponder list was not up to date. I hoped someone could shed a little light on my last question:

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give it a try , i have mine installed in my XP working fine
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had all 3 versions installed in xp
    or am I being obtuse?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast