Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    X2 Editor, move channels, Satellites
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Thanks to carlospr43 I have an editor for the X2 that works, well, sort of. I have been able to rename channels in the editor and even get the music on the Huntington Pier. Those small edits work. The problem I am having is when I move channels(all on same satellite)to make a channel list I like. They move without any problem but when the database is saved they revert back to where they were. This can be checked by moving them, saving the file, closing the editor, short pause, opening the editor, loading the just saved file, and everything that was moved is right back where it was before it was moved.
    Is there something I am missing that I should do?
    Also cannot find any way to move the satellites around in the sat list.
    PS

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a guess, but is there an option to "export" or something like that?

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried moving some channels on 97 ku sat, saved, closed editor. Restarted and loaded same file and it saved the file in correct order.
    How are you moving the channels?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's what works for me...
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    I just tried moving some channels on 97 ku sat, saved, closed editor. Restarted and loaded same file and it saved the file in correct order.
    How are you moving the channels?
    When in the editor on the TV Channel tab you can click on a channel to highlight, click on the button move to, a window pops up with the current channel number and you enter the number of where you want to move to. Click on OK. It moves to new location. Same as what eastof111 has shown.

Have to load file with USB. rs232 connects but then times out. Not working.

PS

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I misunderstood your post. Unfortunately, even when you upload an edited channel list to the receiver via usb stick, it does not retain the edited format. The receiver will sort the edited db to the default setting. But, it will retain a a-z sort if you go to menu>tv channel editor>epg and sort by a-z etc.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Perter-Scooter View Post
    When in the editor on the TV Channel tab you can click on a channel to highlight, click on the button move to, a window pops up with the current channel number and you enter the number of where you want to move to. Click on OK. It moves to new location. Same as what eastof111 has shown.

Have to load file with USB. rs232 connects but then times out. Not working.

PS
    I found out that if you unplug the video output (HDMI or Component) before loading back to the box will pass thru faster without the time out error. Also, sometimes you need to try it several times until it pass thru
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    I guess I misunderstood your post. Unfortunately, even when you upload an edited channel list to the receiver via usb stick, it does not retain the edited format. The receiver will sort the edited db to the default setting. But, it will retain a a-z sort if you go to menu>tv channel editor>epg and sort by a-z etc.
    Well that IS a real bummer. Sounds to me like a firmware update needs to be done so a person can have a sort of channels the way they want not what someone else thinks they should have.

Quote Originally Posted by carlospr43 View Post
    I found out that if you unplug the video output (HDMI or Component) before loading back to the box will pass thru faster without the time out error. Also, sometimes you need to try it several times until it pass thru
    Yes, I remember you mentioned that. Will give that a try and see what happens.
    Also I asked about a satellite list sort. That possible?
    Thanks all for the info.
    PS
    Last edited by Perter-Scooter; 10-15-2013 at 08:44 AM. Reason: add content

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    don't forget you have sharebank to deal with,not just database.
    I think people got spoiled by the latest version that lets you deal with the database by itself.
    The previous versions of ezm wouldn't let you save the database,you had to save as a sharebank file.
    or am I being obtuse?

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Perter-Scooter View Post
    Well that IS a real bummer. Sounds to me like a firmware update needs to be done so a person can have a sort of channels the way they want not what someone else thinks they should have.

Yes, I remember you mentioned that. Will give that a try and see what happens.
    Also I asked about a satellite list sort. That possible?
    Thanks all for the info.
    PS
    Why don't you just create FAVORITES lists?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast