1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Here is a vendor with screenshots of each menu:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

So far I haven't had any luck finding any firmware support. The receiver is on the way from China. Hopefully it at least has a decent tuner.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    its been 2 months and still no receiver. I am going to have to order another it seems. Didn't make it past customs in China for whatever reason.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering what had happened to your receiver... I would think it would get lost in our customs rather than theirs. Hope you get some form of compensation.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lo and behold the receiver has arrived! I will be spending a few hours testing it in the next couple of days. So far, it boots to PAL mode. The blind scan is relatively slow compared to some of the newer receivers but is the type that scans all of the transponders first and then checks them for channels.

One bug I noticed is in the satellite list if you pick 91w, in the other menus it will say a bogus number like 257 East. A main problem I am running into thus far is the 22khz switching does not seem to work.

The dump database file has a .dbm extension.
    Last edited by rrob311; 01-13-2014 at 06:04 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The main board on it is probably the same size as a cigarette pack. There is a heatsink on the main chip but in the information section under hardware the number starts with 7816 so I am assuming it is the msd7816 chipset.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    rrob
    Blindscan is a plus! They mentioned vbi / teletext or cc, see if it works. You mentioned a dump. It means it has the dump and upgrade by usb feature? Also I see the global world usually used for Network setup can you take a snap shot? I dont recall the .dbm extension with other models?? Probably to find a recovery tools loader and/ or a editor? Its $44 now shipped
    Thanks for sharing
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it has an upgrade by usb feature but I haven't found firmware anywhere. Do you know of any feeds that support vbi / teletext or cc? I plan on doing a blind scan speed test but the receiver won't switch 22khz so I will have to make some changes to my dishes tomorrow because right now it will only work with a couple of them. The motor control doesn't seem to work either. With the current firmware this receiver may be better suited to someone using one dish. There is no ethernet port or serial port on this receiver.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another bug I found is after I deleted all of the satellites to try and start a new list, the receiver won't allow me to enter a new satellite because I keep getting an "Existed Longitude" error. Looks like I will have to default the receiver.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    menu, right down down down right will get you out of PAL mode if you don't have the ability to view the picture in PAL mode.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The PVR functions seem to work OK. I was able to set the clock and schedule a recording in advance using the EPG on Ebru TV. It recorded fine using a 4gb usb stick.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast