1. Collapse Details
    X5 9/22 firmware
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I updated my X5 with the latest official Yojiatech file. I tried 9/20 and then 9/22. Some things I noticed:

First thing I noticed is the IPTV channel list is over 400 channels. If you have a usb drive connected with an iptv list on it, it will give you an option to record the list to the STB, it also lets you edit the channels in your list. I loaded the list on my USB stick into the receiver and it wiped out my entire list that came with the firmware!

I had to make a new western satellite list for it which took some time.

The receiver seems to hesitate a bit in between menus.

When you switch channels, the menus do not come up. You have to press OK or info.

Google maps does not work with zip code entry.

There are no graphics on this version when you turn it on.

I haven't had much time to test the PVR functions.

The IPTV and VOD seem to work fine.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a bug that I experienced where the receiver would reboot when you were at the "All Satellite" channel list and you pressed the red sat button to pick another satellite. It would reboot like clockwork before but that bug is gone.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found a couple more bugs with the 9/22 firmware.

When you press the recall button, it brings up a list of previous channels. When you choose a channel from the list that is on another diseqc setting, it gives you an "invalid input" error.

There is also a bug in the "edit channels" section. When you bring up the edit channels list, it shows you all channels from all satellites. When you press the "sat" button to choose a certain satellite, the receiver locks up and reboots.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 9/26 firmware release has the same issues. The only difference I can see is that it has the Openbox background whereas the 9/22 has no background.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will pickup my X5 today! Will be playing around with it shortly!
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got it!! Load the 9/26 and the america sat list bin. Rrob, I couldnt use the Sat list DB you created with the 9/22. A lot of features!!! You tube, IPTV and VOD work much better than the X2. Weather and Google Maps needs to add more Americas and Carribean city options. Blindscan is slower than the X2 but similar to others Openboxes. Info screen is very completed with a lot of info. I used the Wifi adapter and its working OK. The hardest part is the channel editor. A lot of people complains a lot for the X2 editor, they should try this one. I have being playing for a couple of hours and can't found a way to even see my channels. This will probably need a lot of reading and practices.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    did you try both channel files? I am running 9/26 and the list loaded for me.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried DB_User(00000002).bin last date modified 7/30/2013 but it wont accept it. So I downloaded the DB_americas from Yojia and that one work OK. I manually added 30W and 58W because it begins on 61W to 139W.