Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Yes it did. That transponder was not in the receiver's sat file either, so the Duo2 had to find it blind.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I wanted to hear... getting better and better!

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You said you haven't found an editor yet.... so do any of the images supply an editor? Have you tried Dreamset and entering the directory for the files to see if it will download?
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    DreamboxEdit works, and I would imagine other E2 editors would work. Some E2 images I have seen had a built-in editor, but they were buggy. I am hoping a plugin editor will be added.

VU+ does not want to be a German or European box. They want to be a World-Wide box. This is reflected in their firmware and addons. I think they will add a plugin editor if they know it is needed.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see they all ready posted VU+Duo2 BlackHole v2,0,7ATSC in one of the Spansih sites. The more the better!

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will post the ATSC file here...when it works!

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EB... How long does it take you to switch images? How long to restore dish settings for each image?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know because I have not timed them. It is very fast though, probably three to five minutes.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It has been a couple of months since I have made any comments in this thread so I thought I would update it a bit.

The Duo2 has been used as my main receiver since December 2013. It replaced my Optibox Raptor which is still in use at another location.
    Tuners A,C, & D are currently in use. Tuner B will probably be used later this year when another dish is added. Here is a list of how these three tuners are normally set:
    Tuner A = 1.8 meter dish, motorized with a VBox positioner.
    Tuner C = 2.2 meter dish, motorized with a GBox positioner
    Tuner D = 1,2 meter dish, motorized with a DG380 motor.
    Tuners A&D are ku band. Tuner C is C band.

To date, blind scan only works on tuners A&C. This needs to be fixed where blindscan works equal for all tuners.
    The Duo2 blindscan is decent but it can be painfully slow on some satellites.

Tuner E, ATSC does not work. I am still hopeful with this one, but no progress in this area has been made for months.

OpenVix Images seem to work the best for North America. The current OpenVix build is 3.0.808, from December 2013.

The Duo2 Picture Quality is the best of any fta receiver that I have tested to date.

The Duo2 is also King of Record. This receiver can record an entire mux at one time. It can also record while scanning. I have yet to find the true recording limits of this receiver.

The hardware seems to be good. I have left the Duo2 running for days on end and have yet to have any type of hardware failure.

Here are some things that I hope are fixed soon:
    Blindscan for ALL installed tuners. (The Duo2 supports additional DVB-S2 usb tuners).
    The ability to play AAC radio channels.
    The ability to record radio channels.

Overall I am extremely pleased with the Duo2. The only thing I might change if I were to buy it again today would be the tuners. VU+ has been slow to fully support the double tuners, so I might purchase just two tuners instead of four. IMO, extra tuners should not have been offered if they are not fully supported. EB

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The way Enigma2 satellite channel information is stored and handled on the Duo2 is different than a lot of other receivers that do not use the Enigma system.

When a satellite is scanned, three entries are created for it. The three entries are: Services, Providers, and New.
    Selecting "Services" will list all channels (unless radio channels have been set to a separate Radio file).
    Selecting "Providers" will show the channels grouped under their provider (if known).
    Selecting "New" will display any channels that have been recently scanned.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Bouquets can be created for each scanned satellite. All or some of the channels may be moved to the Bouquet. The individual satellite Bouquets are grouped under Favorites.

The Favorites section has some edit features for the existing Bouquets, and the option to create a new Bouquet.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast