Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    A blind scan of 97W ku took about 3 minutes 30 seconds using the Universal settings in the attached picture. The blind scan results are also attached. The found TV and Radio channel numbers are combined.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I am running 4 DVB-S2 tuners and an internal 3TB hard disk. The tuners get up to around 110 degrees F or about 43 degrees C on the outside of the receiver case. This may feel hot or even burn some people with sensitive skin, but I do not see it as a technical issue. This is not enough heat to melt the coax or to start a fire.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got between 268-270 chns TV on KU 97 W never pay attention on the Radio chns..

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read earlier some people complaining in regards to the tuners getting hot to the touch. I wonder if this is just symptoms with twin tuners and not the single tuner. In other words, twin tuners in the same chassis vs. a single tuner in the same space. I guess setting up a cpu fan internally and hooking it up to a 5 volt supply (for quieter operation) wouldn't hurt.

How's the editing functions.... renaming, sorting etc?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing to edit channels with so far. I will look for something to Plugin, but right now all editing is done over the network.

I did not buy a single tuner, so I have no idea how much cooler the tuners would be if they were singles instead of duals. It appears that the Duo2 tuner area is only about 10 degrees hotter than the same area on the Raptor, so I am not really concerned about it.

The receiver is well laid out with the top cover having vent holes drilled above the tuners and an internal fan to control internal temperature in the receiver. I am not worried about any internal temperature below 40 degrees Celsius.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    ATSC Support continues to improve in the Black Hole image.
    Black Hole makes a special image for us that contains some ATSC support. I have yet to watch terrestrial tv using the Duo2, but I think about 1 more firmware update will change that.
    The 2.0.7 Black Hole image now allows scanning for some of the terrestrial channels that are available to my area. There seems to be a problem with where the scanned terrestrial channels are stored so I am unable to view the scanned channels. I expect this to change soon, probably 1 more update or less!

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking better and better. I am waiting for the dollar to go up a few points before a order one. At least that should pay for the shipping.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't help but wonder if a second atsc usb tuner can be added?

Shipping is high because of the receiver weight, receiver size, and packaging. It is hard to tell what the dollar will do. It may go up or down, but I doubt it moves enough to chnage the price of this receiver. Plain and simple, It is Expensive!
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Can't help but wonder if a second atsc usb tuner can be added?"
    Did you ask Angel?

In the last two days the dollar has brought the price down by $20. I have a feeling this might continue for a few more days. I might snag one by then. Never really bothered me with local prices when purchasing an expensive item, but for some reason, it irks me the way the Zone controls the prices so rigidly.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will ask about the second ATSC tuner once the first tuner is working. Should hear something soon. They seem very interested in getting ATSC to work!

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Killer networking capabilities!

I was messing around and did a network scan. The Duo2 was able to identify the network computer(s) and even found the Golden Media TripleX. It did not find the Raptor for some reason during a scan, but the Duo2 was able to connect to the Raptor once I told the Duo2 where to look. All I had to do was enter the Raptor's ip and tell the Duo2 to search for it. So now I have access to the 1TB hard drive in the Raptor, plus access to all of the other hard drives on the network. Very nice and very clean!