Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Cool... just like the option in software management in E2.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Duo2 is a very sensitive receiver. It seems to be performing a bit better than the X2 on weak channels. My X2 has been able to open some weak channels that my other receivers could not open due to a weak signal.

Attached are pictures of my weakest Ku channels. These two channels are found on Simón Bolívar at 78W, and on Galaxy 11 at 55.5W

Simón Bolívar (Ku)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Galaxy 11 (Ku)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice pics EB, what are you using to upload them?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    E2 Web Interface.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 6ft. Ku dish on tuner A. I am driving this dish using a positioner and Diseqc 1.2 commands. The E2 firmware for this receiver does an excellent job in this area for me. Diseqc 1.2 positions may be assigned in any Legal order. there is an option in the menu to enter the Diseqc 1.2 position you desire or need for a particular satellite.

There are 3 digits available for Diseqc 1.2. I do not know of any positioners that will store past 99, but it looks like this firmware is ready just in case your positioner can store 100 positions or more.

If the Diseqc 1.2 command is broken for some reason while the dish is being moved, the command is resent and the dish starts to move again. For example, let's say I am on a satellite at 125 West. Then I tell the dish to move to 30 West, the dish will briefly stop on its journey to 30 West if I press a button on the receiver's remote. But the dish will start moving again to 30 West shortly after the remote control button was pressed. Not all receivers will do this. Some receivers will stop the dish dead in its track if you send another command while the dish is moving.

Bottom Line: I cannot find any bugs or flaws in the Diseqc 1.2 system of the Duo2 using the Black Hole Image. EB

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    what brand of tuner is inside the duo? I am interested in any receiver that has a good tuner since I have so many trees in the way.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know the name of the tuner. Did not see anything written on it. But I can tell you the tuner is not strong enough to go through a tree.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it is more sensitive than the x2, I will see an improvement along my arc.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The best tuner is a chain saw...

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A sensitive tuner may help to open a weak channel or it may allow a channel to open that is in a lot of noise.
    A sensitive tuner will not automatically improve the performance of a receiver over an entire arc.

Some would say the X2 has a very sensitive tuner because it will find weak transponders and it will open weak channels that other receivers will not.
    Others would say that the X2 does not have the high quality picture of some other receivers, and the reason it can open weak channels is because less information is needed to form a picture.

My experience with the Duo2 so far is it has a very good tuner that is about as sensitive as it needs to be. the Duo2 has a very good HD and SD picture. Very high picture qualities with this receiver!
    You can only do a certain amount of signal acquisition with a tuner. The dish antenna system has to do its part too!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast