Threaded View

1. Collapse Details
    My Review of the VU+ Duo2 FTA Receiver
    Post Thanks / Like
    VU+ Is a new line of fta receiver for me. The VU+ Duo2 has a list of specs that I really liked so I decided to try one. The Duo2 that I purchased has 4 DVB-S2 tuners installed. I got the 4 tuner option so I could eliminate some switches and increase recording capabilities. In this first post, I will explain a little bit of what I have discovered about this receiver, then follow up later with some pictures and comments.

VU+ Duo2 Price as Tested: About $750.00 U.S.
    This price includes 4 DVB-S2 tuners, plus 1 ATSC USB Experimental tuner.
    There will be additional cost later as I add a decent internal hard drive.

First Impression: I love It!
    The speed and overall performance of this receiver meets or exceeds my expectations.

BlindScan: Poor or None
    BlindScan does not mean that much to me, but it is a feature that I want and need.
    The Duo2 BlindScan operates from a plugin that is almost identical to the AZBox Premium Plus in E2.
    There is no C band BlindScan. BlindScan only works for tuner 1.

Picture: No complaints from me for HD or SD formats.

Firmware: Enigma2 (E2)

Overall Performance: Excellent!
    The speed and smoothness of the tested E2 images is far above any other receiver that I have.

There are a ton of features in the Duo2, so it will probably take me at least a couple of months to fully understand this receiver's capabilities. I am also involved in a project to get ATSC (OTA) working so i can use this receiver to view the local tv stations. More on this as it develops.

As for the BlindScan, I just do not know. The plugin for this feature appears to be table dependent, and this would explain why there is no C band BlindScan. This is old technology that I hope gets updated.

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have about this receiver. I will do my best to answer them and I will post more information as time permits. EB

Edit: Blindscan works on C band using Firmware openatv-3.0-vuduo2-20131018
    Two tuner blindscan is not currently available for tuners A&B. Blindscan does work for two tuners using tuner A and tuner C
    Last edited by el bandido; 10-21-2013 at 09:07 PM.