Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by carlospr43 View Post
    Hey Costatc or anyone using the X2 with a V-Box/G-Box please help this guys and let them know how is your X2 handling the 10 footers via the V-box. Mine is fixed. Thanks
    The vbox 7 that replaced my pansat positioner is only being used as a stand alone. All sat positions are stored by myself and then I tell the positioner, not receiver, where I want to go.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    The vbox 7 that replaced my pansat positioner is only being used as a stand alone. All sat positions are stored by myself and then I tell the positioner, not receiver, where I want to go.
    That is where the difference lies. Every other receiver I have had, I entered the sat # as I found and scanned them. I did the same thing on the X2 but it does not work in the same manner and I am working on getting the receiver to tell the V-Box where to go.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easily confused View Post
    That is where the difference lies. Every other receiver I have had, I entered the sat # as I found and scanned them. I did the same thing on the X2 but it does not work in the same manner and I am working on getting the receiver to tell the V-Box where to go.
    Most receivers have hiccups once in a while and I prefer to leave it in my hands. I will be using diseqc 1.2 to move my 4' ku dish and of course will report back.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easily confused View Post
    Ok so this is an ongoing problem that I've been beating my brains out for two days now trying to get it to work?? I'm not a happy camper about now.

And not only that, but this X2 won't allow me to use the same position for a C/Ku Hybrid satellite, ie, 72W is both C and Ku and I have it stored as P35 in my Vbox X. X2 will NOT allow me to assign that P35 number to two sats programmed in, ie, 72W C and 72W Ku?? That one is a deal breaker as I've got two systems that are mirrors of each other with ALL the sat positions between the two being identical in 4 different receivers so I'm not about to start reprogramming all that crap because this one won't do that.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    you have to start at position 1
    or am I being obtuse?

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.zin View Post
    you have to start at position 1
    Yup, started at position #1 for 55 W then #2 for 58 W and so on to 125W. I have found that the only position it has retained is #1. If I power the receiver off, it immediately goes position #1 when I power it back on. I am sure it is just a matter of time to figure it out.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made the mistake of playing with another old receiver today and used that to set 72w to 97w which screwed up the settings for x2 when I switched back tonight.It took about an hour to get the settings correct again.
    or am I being obtuse?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried again this morning around 9:30am starting with P1 and so on programming in 6 satellites and that doesn't work either. I've tried it with firmware from April 9th, May 20th, Sept 17th and Sept 26th and NONE of them will allow the X2 receiver to move my dish via that Vbox X that my AZBox and Openbox S9 use with zero problems.

I'm beginning to think this is a defective receiver?? I've been fooling with this thing now for the better part of 3 days and still can't get it to move the dish.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, There is nothing wrong with the X2 storing Diseqc 1.2 satellite positions. I have 34 Diseqc 1.2 Ku satellite positions stored on mine. The receiver moves to the satellites that I have tested without any issues.

I think the problem you guys are having storing positions is simple to solve. Pictures and directions will be posted soon. If it works for me, it should work for you. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I 'm not a big dish guy , but I undestan that you have to store the positions numbers of the satellites IN THE V-BOX MEMORY ,not in the X box memory ...
    ps I' m a big girl balcony guy .. hehehe j/k
    Last edited by chifut; 10-11-2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: ..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast