Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Default 10-11-2013,12:14 AM Add to this user's reputation Add Infraction for dr.zin Report Post
    I made the mistake of playing with another old receiver today and used that to set 72w to 97w which screwed up the settings for x2 when I switched back tonight.It took about an hour to get the settings correct again.

I did it same thing with my Openbox 9 and X2 ,,,But there is cure , -Antibiotic ..
    Last edited by chifut; 10-11-2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: ..

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Diseqc 1.2 positions need to be stored in the motor or positioner box AND in the receiver.
    Try these simple steps if you are having diseqc 1.2 storage problems and see if you get better results.

(1) If you have a Diseqc 1.2 positioner box with the satellite positions already stored, then you may unplug the box to increase setup speed.
    If you have a Ku motor that has the correct Diesqc 1.2 positions stored in it, you may disconnect the coax feed from the receiver.

(2)The X2 will store the satellites in the order that they are selected in. Diseqc 1.2 position 1 will be assigned to the first satellite to be set up, Diseqc 1.2 position 2 will automatically be assigned to the second satellite setup...etc. Diseqc 1.2 position numbers are automatically assigned and cannot be changed as of today.

(3) Select the first satellite that you want to set up in the Antenna Setting Menu of the X2.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

(4) Select Diseqc 1.2 in Motor and Press OK on the remote.

(5) Highlight "Store" in the Satellite Setting Menu, then Press OK on the remote.

(6) Make sure "Yes" is highlighted in Yellow and press the OK button on the remote.

(7) Repeat as needed until all of the satellites in your list have been stored.

(8) Apply power to satellite positoner. Reconnect Ku motor. Test for correct dish movement between the satellites.

Note: Diseqc 1.2 motor commands may be interrupted and all movement stopped if any button on the remote is pushed while the dish motor or actuator is moving.
    Wait until ALL movement has stopped before pressing any remote buttons when programming satellite positions, scanning satellites, or while doing signal strength checks. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep.tHat's the steps for storing the birds in diseqc 1.2 motor option

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunman View Post
    Ok so this is an ongoing problem that I've been beating my brains out for two days now trying to get it to work?? I'm not a happy camper about now.

And not only that, but this X2 won't allow me to use the same position for a C/Ku Hybrid satellite, ie, 72W is both C and Ku and I have it stored as P35 in my Vbox X. X2 will NOT allow me to assign that P35 number to two sats programmed in, ie, 72W C and 72W Ku?? That one is a deal breaker as I've got two systems that are mirrors of each other with ALL the sat positions between the two being identical in 4 different receivers so I'm not about to start reprogramming all that crap because this one won't do that.
    There is a trend now where receivers automatically assign diseqc 1.2 positions. I have a few that do that and they all cost considerably more than the X2.
    The X2 stores the satellites in ascending numbers. I do not know how you can assign two satellites to have the same diseqc 1.2 position number, but you can assign most Ku motors and positioner boxes several different numbers for the same position.
    As an example, I have positions 35 and 26 stored in my diseqc 1.2 positioner for the satellite at 103W. This allows me to have two different satellites that will stop the dish at the exact same position.

There are several work-a rounds available for the Hybrid satellite issue that you describe. The universal lnb setting may also be changed to accept most c/ku combination lnbs.
    Hopefully a future firmware will allow us to have user adjustable diseqc 1.2 positions. EB

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neither of my 2 stand alone positioners allow 2 sat positions to be saved for the same bird. For example, F3 is stored on my Pansat ap3500 for Amc 6 at 72w, if I store A1 for the same position then I will only be able to use A1 to get back to that sat as the saved info automatically replaces the old saved position. I would suggest saving the sat position then slightly nudging the dish east or west and saving that position as well would work for the same satellite.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    There is a trend now where receivers automatically assign diseqc 1.2 positions. I have a few that do that and they all cost considerably more than the X2.
    my 10 year old Coolsat does that,so it is nothing new and so did my skyview and extremeview magnum.
    My openbox s10 was the 1st receiver I had where I had to give each a number myself.
    or am I being obtuse?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    THE RECEIVER IS DEFECTIVE AND I'M GOING TO ASK X SQUARE TO REPLACE IT IF/WHEN THEY REPLY TO THE MESSAGE I SENT THEM!

OK. Why don't we just leave it at that?
    I have tried to help you and that is all I am going to do.
    Your links to other sites have been removed. I am not going to draw this out between two message boards. Do not post any more links to other sites. It is hard enough keeping up with what goes on here much less somewhere else.

I see no need to continue with this thread because you have decided you received a defective, used, receiver.

Thread Closed. EB

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!!! I have been slipping in and out of here for the past few days between work and trying to get ready for the family to arrive for Thanksgiving dinner, yesterday, so didn't have much time to read all the posts. EB..........THANKS!!!!!!!!! I just sat down, followed your very well layed out instructions and, bingo, it worked. I only set up the positions for 103W and 101W, just to see if it would work but even that would not work before. Again, thanks, and I do believe that Lone Gunman will be much happier at SatGuys.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123