Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    X2 with DiseeqC 1.2 Motor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I'm thinking of installing a 4' ku dish to use in my upstairs setup. I haven't used a diseqc motor in years and was wondering how the x2 is with it and how to set it up. Receivers in the old days would let you move the dish manually, is this the case with the x2? I noticed that it assigns a number to each satellite position. I just had a look and got into the motor menu, looks quite simple. Any input will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Costactc; 10-01-2013 at 03:32 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried with a DG380 motor about 3 firmware-updates back and it worked fine. I was using USALS, though, not 1.2 so that may not help much.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come on man ,Costa ,you are not a newbie ...Are you kidding??...
    Drive the dish to '91 w -save on position #1
    Drive the dish to'93 w -save on position #2....
    .etc.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use diseqc for ku.
    Start low and work your way up.
    I start my positions @ 72w as my sat 1 up to 103w
    It's move and store,move and store.
    or am I being obtuse?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chifut View Post
    .etc.
    I tried that starting at 55W and went throught to 125W. Found all sats, blind scanned all sats and saved all sat positions in the order that I found and scanned them. When I was finished and tried to go back to tp 3840 on 103W nothing happened. This was the same procedure I had used on all my other boxes and it worked on them but I have still not managed to find out why it is not working on my X2
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chifut View Post
    .etc.
    Not a newbie indeed my friend. The thing is that I haven't used 1.2 in several years and just want to be sure, after all this forum is for us satheads to learn. I have always preferred 1.2 to usals as I can nudge the dish manually. I will set up all ku sats from Eutelsat 12 at 12.5w-Amc 21 at 125w. This install will be going down next Saturday as I am still waiting for the 250' of cable and my new invacom snh-031 lnbf to arrive.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    the old firmware was a real pain if you had a mix of fixed and motorized.
    The default setting for a fixed dish was actually motor position 0,so you start setting up a motorized dish and the dish would move to position 0 first,which was real tedious once you started getting up there in distance from position 0,i.e. you would set up sat 125w but the motor would have to move all the way from 0 first.
    I told wang the default for motorized should be the last motor position that was set,so the transition from one sat to another would be smooth.This was fixed in one of the summer releases,since my x2 was dead at the time I never had a chance to test all the firmwares from june to sept.
    or am I being obtuse?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    when I got my x2 going again I had the motor set from 72w to 97w in about 1/2 hour.
    In the past that would have taken all afternoon.
    The only thing that slowed me down was the default tp settings for 85w and 72w were wrong and had to be corrected 1st.
    or am I being obtuse?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easily confused View Post
    I tried that starting at 55W and went throught to 125W. Found all sats, blind scanned all sats and saved all sat positions in the order that I found and scanned them. When I was finished and tried to go back to tp 3840 on 103W nothing happened. This was the same procedure I had used on all my other boxes and it worked on them but I have still not managed to find out why it is not working on my X2
    So did you find out how to fix this problem? The one I got in the mail last Friday is doing the exact same thing. Sept 17the firmware was in it when I got it and still is.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Costatc or anyone using the X2 with a V-Box/G-Box please help this guys and let them know how is your X2 handling the 10 footers via the V-box. Mine is fixed. Thanks
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast