Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Is anyone having problems with the USALS operation on this Sept26 firmware? I've not run my X2 on my motorized dish since earlier versions of the firmware, probably since May. I have a ku dish that's mounted on a c-band polar ring with actuator, so I was using the X2 on it for several months. But over the weekend I connected my dish with DG380 motor direct to it, and it doesn't always seem to want to move the dish. The site coordinates are entered properly, but sometimes I have to go into the USALS menu and click on GO to make it move the dish-just calling up the satellite I want by the SAT button isn't always getting the message across. There is a diseqc between motor and dish, it has one fixed dish connected on port 4, but the X2 sees it as port 1. Not sure if that might be related to this or not. (my other receivers all see the port #s correctly on this diseqc).

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am running a 4 port diseqc switch with 4 22khz switches. Port 1 goes to my sg2100 motor through a 22khz switch where I use USALS exclusively. I am currently tracking from 61w-125w with no issues. I am running the 9/24 firmware. I haven't noticed a diseqc switch numbering problem with this receiver.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Put the switch on the OTHER side of the motor!

So, coax goes from receiver direct to motor receiver connection. Motor lnb connection on the other side, uses a coax jumper to the receiver port on your switch. ALL other switch connections remain the same as now.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    MikeB, you misunderstood, that diseqc IS placed between the motor and the dish, not between receiver and motor. Maybe I should try swapping out the diseqc for a different brand, as I don't recall whether I used the ecoda on it or not. I'm still studying this one, lol. I noticed that I have 22khz ON in the sat setup screen on some satellites, even though there is no 22khz switch-and it seems like the motor does work on them..for some reason. I'll go through and activate 22khz on all today and see what happens. Right now I'm just using X2 on the ku dish, with my fixed dish on 72w hooked into the diseqc.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just recently installed a 4' dish with a fortec hh 1.2 motor. I have not had any issues with my x2 using usals- always brings me to the sat I want.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I think I fixed it, but I did two things so I don't know which one did it. I removed the diseqc switch, even though it wasn't old you can never tell about those things. And I factory defaulted the receiver and started over again. So far, I'm scanning in the ku birds east to west, and it seems to be remembering where they all are again. I'll try replacing that switch when I get my hands on another ecoda/chieta brand. Thanks for all the replies, everyone!

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear you got it working, I don't like slapping switches on my setups unless totally necessary.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosat View Post
    MikeB, you misunderstood, that diseqc IS placed between the motor and the dish, not between receiver and motor. Maybe I should try swapping out the diseqc for a different brand, as I don't recall whether I used the ecoda on it or not. I'm still studying this one, lol. I noticed that I have 22khz ON in the sat setup screen on some satellites, even though there is no 22khz switch-and it seems like the motor does work on them..for some reason. I'll go through and activate 22khz on all today and see what happens. Right now I'm just using X2 on the ku dish, with my fixed dish on 72w hooked into the diseqc.
    22khz has nothing to do with switches,it's for the universal lnb band switching only.
    a standard ku lnb doesn't use that setting at all.
    or am I being obtuse?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    drzin the 22khz tone operates those 22kz switches (port a-port b switch) but in this case it surely wasn't doing anything. I do have one of those on my other system-it switches from c-band only dish, to another , seperate ku only dish. And of course it does work those univeral lnbf.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    Good to hear you got it working, I don't like slapping switches on my setups unless totally necessary.
    I have a separate KU dish fixed on 72w, because a huge tree is in the way of that bird with my motorized dish. It was easier to plant another fixed dish than try to cut down this walnut, which I didn't want to do anyway. Now that the leaves have fallen it won't be a problem. I don't really care for the switches either.
    edit to update: Problem I have with the motor still exists. I did remove the diseqc to test USALS without it, but it made no difference. Sometimes motor moves to satellite, sometimes I have to go thru the USALS menu to hit the Go button-then it moves. No pattern to it, I'll live with it, not that big of a deal.
    Last edited by turbosat; 11-08-2013 at 11:16 PM. Reason: update information

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast