A while back I tried the MediaInfo plugin with the assumption that it might record some IPTV streams from the bouquet favorites. It did record SOME http streams and that was about it. Tried it again yesterday... still the same results. Does not recognize rtmp.

Then played with IceFilms plugin again to see what videos were available. Started an A&C Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde movie and pressed the record button, but no luck. Then pressed the info button and the status bar appeared. Pressed it again and the MediaInfo plugin popped up displaying the film title, stream kb, bitrate kbit/s and buffer size. So, I pressed the green add button and it started to record. Filezilla'd into the hdd directory for videos, and it displayed the recording in progress. Later, checked again, and found it was saved as an AVI file. Transferred the file to the PC HD, popped it open with VLC and it played perfectly.

I thought this was too good to be true, so I opened up MediaPortal and selected one of the available videos to watch. Hit the record button and no go. Hit the info button twice and it started to record again. Filezilla'd into the hdd directory for videos again, and it displayed the recording in progress. Checked later, and found this particular video was saved as FLV file. Played fine without any errors.

Will try a few more plugins to see what results.......