1. Collapse Details
    Playing Recorded Movies on the X2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I have an external HDD that has movies on it that were recorded using both the S9 and the Anaconda. The X2 recognizes th movies recorded by the Anaconda and will play some, just fine and others with no audio. All movies were recorded by the S9 were on the same tv channel and are in .TS format. The Anaconda would recognize movies recorded on the S9 in .TS format but would not play them but the X2 does not even see the movies recorded with the S9 even though they are in .TS format. Any suggestions as to why some will play, some won't, some are recognized while others are not even seen?
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "the X2 does not even see the movies recorded with the S9 even though they are in .TS format"

The X2 firmware code is not recognizing the .TS video because it may be missing or may have info in the header which is not compatible. In regards to audio, it may be lacking certain codecs. In some other receivers, usually a popup will display incorrect header info or file not recognized, etc.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    "the X2 does not even see the movies recorded with the S9 even though they are in .TS format"

The X2 firmware code is not recognizing the .TS video because it may be missing or may have info in the header which is not compatible. In regards to audio, it may be lacking certain codecs. In some other receivers, usually a popup will display incorrect header info or file not recognized, etc.
    Apparently there are programs that will convert .TS files to, for example, avi or a number of other formats. If I try this would the X2 be able to read them then?
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try VideoRedo... Always works for me, plus it's a very good editor for removing commercials. There are some freebies out there too.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a free one that gets the job done; not as fast as paid converters.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just recorded a couple of clips on my S9 one HD and One SD. They both played fine on my X2. Don't Use the play button on the remote. Click on menu and find the Media Player. Click OK.Then open the ALIDVRS2 folder. Choose the record folder you want and click ok. Choose a ts file and click ok. That should do it. I didn't try to see if it would auto play all the ts files in a folder if there was more than one. Hope this helps.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    I just recorded a couple of clips on my S9 one HD and One SD. They both played fine on my X2. Don't Use the play button on the remote. Click on menu and find the Media Player. Click OK.Then open the ALIDVRS2 folder. Choose the record folder you want and click ok. Choose a ts file and click ok. That should do it. I didn't try to see if it would auto play all the ts files in a folder if there was more than one. Hope this helps.
    Thanks Marv. It worked like a charm. Found a few funny quirks but all is fine as far as playing the movies.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad I was able to help.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't see the option, and it was likely right in front of my face, but is there a way to "rename" the movie? They all show as the station name and a series of numbers behind it.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not aware of a way to edit titles on the receiver. I just take the hard drive and stick it on my computer to edit out commercials and rename files.